Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change of dug outs

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry but that's tough sh*t. You're talking about something that's the perogative of the incoming manager at any football club in the world. How embarassing would it be if someone had to explain to Oscar that he couldn't choose his preferred dugout on the basis that Poyet has already chosen it two seasons ago. The football side of the club can't be dictated to by a handful of people.

I know its the perogative of the incoming manager and we all know managers come and go but don't start quoting tough shit to me. The fact is that a lot of us picked those seats purely on the basis of the home dugout. Some people like sitting behind the away dugout. I don't. As already stated, this change doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the majority of fans ( you included ) but to a ' handful ' of people it bloody well does.
We are not dictating to the club. We know they are not going to pay a blind bit of notice to our gripe and why should they. Its pretty inconsequential in their eyes. Who are we in the grand scheme of things? We are just a handful. We will be easily replaced if we give up our seats. " There's more where they came from "
Well we will see. I will be canvassing opinion on saturday and I am targetting to get 500 names. Once achieved, I will contact the club.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
I know its the perogative of the incoming manager and we all know managers come and go but don't start quoting tough shit to me. The fact is that a lot of us picked those seats purely on the basis of the home dugout. Some people like sitting behind the away dugout. I don't. As already stated, this change doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the majority of fans ( you included ) but to a ' handful ' of people it bloody well does.
We are not dictating to the club. We know they are not going to pay a blind bit of notice to our gripe and why should they. Its pretty inconsequential in their eyes. Who are we in the grand scheme of things? We are just a handful. We will be easily replaced if we give up our seats. " There's more where they came from "
Well we will see. I will be canvassing opinion on saturday and I am targetting to get 500 names. Once achieved, I will contact the club.

Your be lucky to get 50 names. Moan moan moan, surprised you haven't moaned about how green the pitch is or the goal posts are too white! Suck it up watch the game and support yout team!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Can I ask what you actually think will happen? Are you asking them to move back? A refund? Binoculars?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No thought given to fans who originally purchased their ST on the basis that the home dugout was south of the tunnel. A lot of fans bought on this basis ( me included ) as we wanted to be reasonably close to the action. i.e to see what was happening on the home bench. To watch the interaction between manager, coaches and players. To see who was in the ' squad ' seats behind the matchday squad.
I appreciate that Oscar has made a very recent decision to change but many fans will have picked their seats because of the location of the home dugout and are now, obviously, sitting behind the away team. This will result in more interaction between away bench and away fans ( closer now ) and away bench and linesman, which we will have to endure every game.
For the vast majority of the crowd, this won't make a blind bit of difference but to those of us who specifically picked our seats to be close to the home dugout, it changes everything.
I am currently deciding whether I wish to remain sitting there. I know I haven't got a lot of choice left within the stadium but thats down to me. I will come to the Derby game, get a feeling for the atmosphere, speak to those around me and make a decision. ( My gut feeling is that I will try and re-locate )

Look on the bright side your loss is somebody else's gain, Anyway I thought the idea of buying a season ticket was to guarantee your seat for the season not to guarantee who sits in front of you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Still TOUGH SH*T buddy boy.

The club will probably let you move seat anyway, just accept you might have to do this every time we change manager. It's not the club's fault that it bothers you, if I worked in the ticket office I'd make you stay where you are just for causing a fuss about something so petty.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Is someone really gonna get a petition up against the club changing dug outs -good grief:facepalm:

I can see why now it took us so many years to get the stadium in the first place

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I haven't read the whole thread, but there does seem to be more than a touch of a toddlers tantrum tbh, instead of canvassing maybe use that energy to get behind the team.
aha9aruv.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

What do you expect that to achieve, out of genuine interest?

Are you honestly so fickle as to "give up your seat" just because Oscar has switched which dugout he uses? Does it really make that much of a difference to your enjoyment of the game?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was delighted to have managed to purchase to tickets v Newport, front row, seats 98 & 97 which were right next to the Albion bench. Turned up only to find a NCFC tracksuit and drinks in OUR dugout. Even worse, had to endure foul and abusive language from the away team from the sending off onwards.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I sat in Row H just to the right of our dug outs for the Villarreal game and have come to the conclusions that:

1. I lost track of the game at times as was watching the bench and the comings and goings of the players.
2. The steward was a right whinger (he may not always be there), the non playing players (CMS etc) were more than happy for the kids to get photos with them and autographs but he was running up and down telling them off all the time despite being told by the player concerned it was ok. I realise it was only a friendly and was a much more relaxed game but still.
3. Its an awful place to watch a match, its too low down and you get little perspective of the game, I didn't realise also you cannot see WSU from down there so you lose the big crowd feeling.
4. That seat costs a massive amount more than my NS seat for IMO a vastly inferior match experience.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
imagesCAA1LFKS.jpg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I know its the perogative of the incoming manager and we all know managers come and go but don't start quoting tough shit to me. The fact is that a lot of us picked those seats purely on the basis of the home dugout location at the time. Some people like sitting behind the away dugout. I don't. As already stated, this change doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the majority of fans ( you included ) but to a ' handful ' of people it bloody well does.

I demand that the Albion have a Crystal Ball :censored:

Maybe it should be an interview question for any manager applying: the fans would like to know which dugout you want before they purchase a season ticket?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I have a right couple of knob jockeys behind my seat always moaning ,wonder if I could ask for them to be put over the other side .

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I have a right couple of knob jockeys behind my seat always moaning ,wonder if I could ask for them to be put over the other side .

Genius. So do I, three old *******s who haven't given up complaining for two years. Perhaps we can move all of these general moanders to sit behind the away dugout to enjoy some 'banter' with the opposition manager?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
No thought given to fans who originally purchased their ST on the basis that the home dugout was south of the tunnel. A lot of fans bought on this basis ( me included ) as we wanted to be reasonably close to the action. i.e to see what was happening on the home bench. To watch the interaction between manager, coaches and players. To see who was in the ' squad ' seats behind the matchday squad.
I appreciate that Oscar has made a very recent decision to change but many fans will have picked their seats because of the location of the home dugout and are now, obviously, sitting behind the away team. This will result in more interaction between away bench and away fans ( closer now ) and away bench and linesman, which we will have to endure every game.
For the vast majority of the crowd, this won't make a blind bit of difference but to those of us who specifically picked our seats to be close to the home dugout, it changes everything.
I am currently deciding whether I wish to remain sitting there. I know I haven't got a lot of choice left within the stadium but thats down to me. I will come to the Derby game, get a feeling for the atmosphere, speak to those around me and make a decision. ( My gut feeling is that I will try and re-locate )

my thoughts entirely, have e-mailed Mr Barber for explanation.

Omg. Get a life.
Are things that bad in your life.

It is oscars choice.

Accept it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Positives:
Nearer north stand
Those warming up don't have to run past the opposition dug out and get 'sledged'
Its the natural side for the dressing rooms
It stamps his authority on the club.
The opposition run past our dugout for a warm up.
Gus didn't sit there.
Mo Gosfield and Blues Rock DJ can't pass you love notes

Negatives
Barber has to waste time answering emails.

Who are we in the grand scheme of things? We are just a handful. We will be easily replaced if we give up our seats. " There's more where they came from "

I hope the response you get will be along these lines.

cookie.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Congratulations on the most bizarre post of the day. I'm fairly sure Oscar wont reverse his decision to please you.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I'm slight miffed that Oscar has chosen to change dug outs (I chose my seat because I like to watch what our manager is up to and the directions to the players etc) but that is his prerogative. What exactly will be the point in canvassing opinion be? What do you want the club to do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here