Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champs elect vs Relegation favourites @ the Rose Bowl

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
Having not taken a particularly close eye in the close season it appears I have missed something? Where are Lewry and Kirtley?

squad players. Kirtley will play more in one day cricket as he has a lot of variation with his bowling and is perhaps finding it difficult to go and bowl 50-60 overs within 4 days now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread title is misleading. No way are Hants champs elect. Unless we're playing Lancashire at the Rose Bowl to equalise the appalling and unfair weather they get in Manchester.
True enough.

PANTS will finish a distant second behind the mighty WANKS. Both will leave the noddy counties such as Sussex trailing in their wake.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
squad players. Kirtley will play more in one day cricket as he has a lot of variation with his bowling and is perhaps finding it difficult to go and bowl 50-60 overs within 4 days now.

Not so much that he struggles to bowl 30 overs in a day. More that since his action has been remodelled he has lost pace and swing, so is not at all effective in the longer form of the game.

His bowling seems to now be about the slower ball and yorkers.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
It depends how you look at it. It is £13 a day for championship games at Hove and that is essentially for around 6 hours of sport.

Alternatively, membership is fairly good value, as long as you go to enough games.

wanted to see at old traf, 15 quid a day - what if i miss the good day! i won't pay for 3 days i'll go bankrupt with all beer etc.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
what a rip off

£13 for a whole day is hardly a rip off but i think you'll find most people at Championship games will be members so effectively season ticket holders which i think was just over £100 but no doubt somebody can correct me?

I think without Lewry and obviously Rana from last years side there's gonna be some pressure on Luke to step up in the bowling and for RMJ to take some wickets.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
£13 for a whole day is hardly a rip off but i think you'll find most people at Championship games will be members so effectively season ticket holders which i think was just over £100 but no doubt somebody can correct me?

I think without Lewry and obviously Rana from last years side there's gonna be some pressure on Luke to step up in the bowling and for RMJ to take some wickets.

Membership is about £150 this year, but that does not include 20/20 games.

bit more than "just" over the100 pound mark

Click on the following links to jump to the relevant membership item for a detailed description.
NEW! Family - £321.00
Standard - £166.00
Guest (transferable) - £141.00
Associate - £61.00
Executive (2 badges) - £426.00
Executive (4 badges) - £826.00
Student - £86.00
Junior (16 years and under) - £36.00
Affiliated Club (2 badges) - £231.00
Gold Upgrade (Limited Availability) - £66.00

It depends how you look at it. It is £13 a day for championship games at Hove and that is essentially for around 6 hours of quality sport. also 6 hours of sitting in a deckchair, in the beating sun drinking as much beer as you want

as oppossed to paying £26 for an hour and a half of third divsiion football, sitting on a plastic bucket seat getting cold in the rain in an uncovered stand:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What are my chances of wandering in to the Rose bowl at about 5pm and catching the last few overs for free?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I hate the Rose Bowl, it is a nightmare to try and get to, i'd steer clear.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
what's the best fantasy cricket league - that doesn't involve paying? I like to do it for fun, but the Telegraph's is £6 per team and I don't do it that seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here