Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Trophy

Surely the only time it will be presented on Saturday is if Boro win it, there is no way us or Burnley would be presented with it at away ground

If we win it, it would be at our last game of the season. It's not the fact that the presentation would be at an away ground that troubles me, it is the insensitivity of awarding a trophy in front of 30,000 home supporters who had turned up with the sole intention of them being the fans who would be celebrating.

"Please stay off the pitch, so that Chris and his boys can do a lap of honour". I somehow doubt that this would work.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If we win it, it would be at our last game of the season. It's not the fact that the presentation would be at an away ground that troubles me, it is the insensitivity of awarding a trophy in front of 30,000 home supporters who had turned up with the sole intention of them being the fans who would be celebrating.

"Please stay off the pitch, so that Chris and his boys can do a lap of honour". I somehow doubt that this would work.

I can't see there being too many still in the ground ten minutes after the final whistle should that happen.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fairly sure there is just the one trophy,same as for the premier league. Saw a news article a couple of weeks ago about how if the premier league had gone to the last game the trophy would've been at q point between the 2 awaiting a helicopter to the correct location

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that the league no longer do trophy presentations at away grounds.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Fairly sure there is just the one trophy,same as for the premier league. Saw a news article a couple of weeks ago about how if the premier league had gone to the last game the trophy would've been at q point between the 2 awaiting a helicopter to the correct location

There are 3 premier league trophies. One with the holder, one with the premier league and one with the sponsors. The first two are almost totally the same. The sponsors one is a much cheaper copy.

A few years ago when there was a potentially a 3 way fight for the title barclays were due to hand theirs over then Liverpool blew it so didn't need to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here