Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Trophy

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Think you'll find the trophy will be at The Riverside. F.A are worried about the Charlton protests interfering with awarding the trophy so Burnley have been told they won't receive the trophy on Saturday, even if they win the league.

This makes sense and Burnley haven't won it yet anyway. The Boro Brighton game is the biggest footballing event this weekend and both could still become Champions.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm guessing that like the premier league cup, they have more than one of each and will have one at each ground.

Also, should we win, I can't see the riverside staying very 'rammed', can you?

This must be the case. I'd expect them to have one at each stadium and at the final whistle will present it to whoever are champions

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely the only time it will be presented on Saturday is if Boro win it, there is no way us or Burnley would be presented with it at away ground

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
easy really
but if we win and go up I want to hear all these pundits and others choke on the words Brighton and Hove Albion have gone up
pardon was that BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Surely the only time it will be presented on Saturday is if Boro win it, there is no way us or Burnley would be presented with it at away ground

Arsenal got it at Liverpool when they won it in the last minute

Oh and they wore yellow against a team in red

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I have this funny feeling that, if we win the game, they are not going to present us with the runners up trophy at the Riverside.

Where will we be given it? Or maybe they'll just get Yodel to deliver it in a white van?

That will be a nice problem to have.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My point on the anfield story was that Liverpool were title winners up til that last minute

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It will be done like the Sussex Sunday Youth League - they will send the winners an address of a trophy shop in a local industrial estate, so that they can arrange to go and pick it up.. oh and by the way can you get it engraved for us, at your cost, and if it is late being returned, we will fine you..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd guess the trophy will be at The Valley - if not in a helicopter equidistant between the two grounds.

I heard that John Terry will be in said helicopter, with three different kits, ready to change into when the eventual winner is announced :lol:

I've gotta be honest, I'm guessing there is more than one trophy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I heard that John Terry will be in said helicopter, with three different kits, ready to change into when the eventual winner is announced :lol:

I've gotta be honest, I'm guessing there is more than one trophy.

He's already laid claim to one trophy this week it seems....

John-Terry-Leicester.jpg

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Man U were given it at boro in 1996 and at goodison park in about 2003?

Didn't swansea lift a league championship trophy at withdean one year In the not to distant past?

Yes. League One, champions 2007/8, under Roberto Martinez.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I was trying to think of a time it happened but couldn't

Rotherham v Swansea it happened. The away team won that day as well and one of their fans was killed. Hopefully only one of those things happens to us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here