Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship today

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Over 52,000 at Newcastle today!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I just dont understand this viewpoint, we want our direct competitors to lose full stop, theres no point in keeping Knocky if our competitors win all their games, as it stands we're 4 points ahead of Newcastle everyones favourite for promotion, a great start!

That's OK, you don't have to. (Hint: I wasn't completely serious re AK) but genuinely think both Newcastle & Hudders both dropping points (Tip: they can't both lose, and Hudd are currently above us.) would have been no bad thing.

Newcastle can make all the crazy offers they want. We have no reason to sell Knocky, for me it's great to see promotion rivals Newcastle and Derby drop points.

Me too. I think AK is here to stay! Just rather they stopped making offers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Reckon Owen Coyle will be first out the door. Garry Monk's already on borrowed time. Then Jaap.

Yep Owen Coyle most likely to go first. Not sure what the record is for sacking a manager after the shortest number of games in charge after starting a season ... guessing it's someone at Leeds.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Over 52,000 at Newcastle today!

Last 2 years outside top flight:

43.388 average in 2010 where they finished 1st.
29.018 average in 1993 where they finished 1st.

Nothing would please me more than that club having a few years outside top flight just to see how empty it gets up there.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Well played Huddersfield, can't wait to see their game tonight.

Newcastle.... played 2, lost 2. :lolol:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
We seem to have done well so far as far as opposing players go. Will Hughes: easily Derby's best. Left on the bench against us. Assombalonga; same for Forest, misses out entirely for reasons yet to be completely established (has been suggested his wife was due to give birth at some point this weekend). Even Forest's best player on the night, Oliver Burke, found himself subbed, when he was the only one who looked like doing us damage.

I don't know Rotherham's squad all that well, but perhaps JFC is their best player, and therefore the streak will continue when he can't play on Tuesday.

We need to start Baldock and Murray on Tuesday, Broadfoot and Rotherham's other CB are both painfully slow

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
After the surprise results in the Championship already this season, we really need to take the opportunity before the arrival of the International break to put some distance between ourselves & the big spending teams. Because they surely won't be this poor all season long.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Well played Huddersfield, can't wait to see their game tonight.

Newcastle.... played 2, lost 2. :lolol:

'Udders have recruited well under Wagner; like Albion have recognised the benfit fo recruiting from Europe. Bit early to call them dark horses but a couple of predictions have them as relegation fodder, which looks absurd. They probably need only a dozen more wins to avoid bottom 3.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Last 2 years outside top flight:

43.388 average in 2010 where they finished 1st.
29.018 average in 1993 where they finished 1st.

Nothing would please me more than that club having a few years outside top flight just to see how empty it gets up there.

Worth noting the capacity of St James park was only 36,000 in 1993. They like their football!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here