Championship table

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There are so many teams that you'd think should be challenging for the playoffs. I'm so glad we're in the championship, it's a brilliant league

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How many times will we get "we really should be beating clubs like Brighton" in post match interviews

We had that all of last season despite walking it!

I think it's going to be a MASSIVE ask next season. Looks incredibly tough. 10th please.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
We had that all of last season despite walking it!

I think it's going to be a MASSIVE ask next season. Looks incredibly tough. 10th please.

Last season we didn't have Falmer. This new stadium changes our whole existence. Our identity. We are equals to all those other teams. For the last 11 seasons we have been defined by Withdean, and so, wrongly, weren't taken seriously last year.

This coming season is an absolute novelty and I can't f***ing wait!!!!

Stay up and be above palarse would be the minimum expectations from next season.

Last edited:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
There will be a few managers citing the fact that we have spent money during the close season as being the reason we beat them, expect more "Money Bags Brighton" than we had last season & we had a fair bit of it then.
I would expect us to finish with a play off berth, we have a fantastic management team as well as some exciting players who will give us a brand of football that is pleasing to watch as well as getting us results. I'm sad to see Bennett go but am pleased that we have got in Buckley whom I believe will be more than an adequate replacement. Hoskins will also banish memories of Murray & with the further additions planned I am sure we are about to witness the best season ever in terms of growth. Our club is certainly the one to watch this season, yes there are much bigger clubs but we can finally stand alongside them & compete on a level playing field (as well as one of the largest playing surfaces in the league).
I can't wait, there is nobody we should be afraid of in this league & there are a few clubs who need to be very scared of us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oo no. Settle for 15th, but not be more than happy with it. Where's your ambition?

2 seasons ago we were 20 minutes from League 2. Finishing in our highest league position for 20 years would leave me more than happy. Then the following season aim for the play-offs. Lets not get carried away.

People who think we are going to be up the top of this league are going to be in for a shock.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2 seasons ago we were 20 minutes from League 2. Finishing in our highest league position for 20 years would leave me more than happy.
But two seasons ago we did not have the players we have today. I also expect to start the season with a better team than we've had for the last 20 years. Personally I'll settle for 15th, but I won't be more than happy.

Then the following season aim for the play-offs. Lets not get carried away.

People who think we are going to be up the top of this league are going to be in for a shock.
I certainly don't think we'll be up the top of this league, but that doesn't mean I don't hope we'll be above 15th.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that on Sky Sports News online it says "six in the frame at Birmingham" i seem to recall a few years ago there were also "six others in the frame in Birmingham" !!
Just a bored, whimsical observation !!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2People who think we are going to be up the top of this league are going to be in for a shock.

I hope for that every season before a ball is kicked, 90 mins into the season and I start to be more realistic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports