Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nothing special yet. Vydra might raise an eyebrow. Norwich and Fulham seem to have some good players already.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Long term contracts for Forsyth & Hendrick is very good news for you lot. If you can repeat the trick with Martin, Bryson & Hughes, you'll be amongst the favorites for the Championship next season. That is however a big big IF!

Hughes has signed a 4 year deal, Bryson 5 years and Martin is already on a long term. If we can get Thorne in, I'll start to feel pretty good.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You certainly have done some impressive early business.

Btw, who is Bess?

My Nan's dog, she was very obedient but a little incontinent, the dog was awful too!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A lot of money to spend on a player whose had one decent season in League 1 and a couple of poor seasons in the Conference.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chose to join Bournemouth rather than Norwich. Can you imagine a player choosing Albion over Norwich? Strange days.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Chose to join Bournemouth rather than Norwich. Can you imagine a player choosing Albion over Norwich? Strange days.

Not such a strange choice with Norwich having Lafferty, Becchio, Grabban, Van Volfswinkel? and Hooper already at the club. That was lucky for us, as Norwich would have offered him higher wages and with the guarantee of first team football he would have gone there instead I presume.

Apparently the initial fee is around £2.2 so hopefully we have a Grabban replacement with bags of pace and £750k up on the deal. Just hope he can do the business, we are all a bit excited about what him and Kermorgant can do up front together. Time will tell, as ever!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Not such a strange choice with Norwich having Lafferty, Becchio, Grabban, Van Volfswinkel? and Hooper already at the club. That was lucky for us, as Norwich would have offered him higher wages and with the guarantee of first team football he would have gone there instead I presume.

Apparently the initial fee is around £2.2 so hopefully we have a Grabban replacement with bags of pace and £750k up on the deal. Just hope he can do the business, we are all a bit excited about what him and Kermorgant can do up front together. Time will tell, as ever!

Fair play. You've spent some money over the last couple of seasons - who is funding it all (in addition to the Grabban money). When is the temporary stand at the ground going to be replaced? Must be targeting play-offs?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seems like even the likes Bournemouth, Brentford and Rotherham have more money than us to spend.

Bournemouth had money from Grabban so needed to replace him. I don't think Rotherham have spent much and their signings look poor. Brentford are doing what we did the first season up when we spent a lot of money too e.g. Buckley, CMS, Harley, Vincelot, LuaLua (when we signed him permanently) and Hoskins.

Canary

May 21, 2014

I was surprised to hear we were in for him, considering we have those five senior strikers on the books and two very promising youngsters who should get game time. I expect Becchio to go, but still to fork out 3m on Wilson would've been strange for us IMO. Best move for him was Bournemouth.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I was surprised to hear we were in for him, considering we have those five senior strikers on the books and two very promising youngsters who should get game time. I expect Becchio to go, but still to fork out 3m on Wilson would've been strange for us IMO. Best move for him was Bournemouth.

Obviously that's what we thought, just mainly on the amount of game time that he would get at the respective clubs. It is a lot of money, but I presume the Grabban money plus the Lallana sell on has allowed us to proceed. Our small ground is the real problem though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here