Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why should we be concerned? Not seen enough of Chicksen to say whether he is up to playing week in week out at the top end of the championship but JFC showed more than enough and was a regular in a team that finished 6th and now has more experience.

We SHOULD be concerned because our squad is 5 quality players light.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why should we be concerned? Not seen enough of Chicksen to say whether he is up to playing week in week out at the top end of the championship but JFC showed more than enough and was a regular in a team that finished 6th and now has more experience.

Maybe I'm being unfair and the occasion got the better of him but Chicksen looked dreadful in Play off 2nd leg, watch his involvement in last Derby goal. Likewise JFC in the first leg, and I've seen plenty of him... Maybe in a few years, maybe not

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'm being unfair and the occasion got the better of him but Chicksen looked dreadful in Play off 2nd leg, watch his involvement in last Derby goal. Likewise JFC in the first leg, and I've seen plenty of him... Maybe in a few years, maybe not

Yes, I think you are being unfair. If anyone watched Chris Martin in the play off final, and during pretty much any other season in his career so far, it would be easily to form the impression that he does chuff all.

One game? JFC was poor in that first leg but he's nineteen years old and in his first full season. Chicksen, meanwhile, was lobbed into a defence shorn of all its regulars apart from one, and that was a full back forced into action at centre half. That against a team with a huge amount of momentum and backing, in a season-deciding, effectively one-off game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If we are judging on one off games PIG had an appalling game at your place too, not sure he made a meaningful save as the ball fizzed past him into the net 4 times.

I have my fingers crossed that we are going to get a better keeper than PIG was for most of last season, Casper gets enormous flack for every mistake, PIG hardly got any and he was pretty ordinary at the end of last season.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
BTW has PIG signed for anyone yet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. All that BS about Prem offers ready for him. He's looking like a bit of a tw@t as things stand.

Most of us knew he wasn't Premier League quality any more didn't we?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wonder if he ever really said that or was it just 'agent' speak. Im pretty sure his tailing off of form at the end of the season was because he knew we wouldn't renew. (Note 'Im pretty sure' meaning I make an assumption as I do not pretend to be in the know)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Most of us knew he wasn't Premier League quality any more didn't we?

We did indeed. But, presumably, TK let his inflated ego get the better of him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if he ever really said that or was it just 'agent' speak. Im pretty sure his tailing off of form at the end of the season was because he knew we wouldn't renew. (Note 'Im pretty sure' meaning I make an assumption as I do not pretend to be in the know)

I ASSUME it was the other way round. TK / agent made noises about Prem offers (on public record BTW), and we showed him the door.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I ASSUME it was the other way round. TK / agent made noises about Prem offers (on public record BTW), and we showed him the door.

Well we'll never know for sure... let's just hope we get someone in who's more reliable than Ankers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
George Thorne is a good signing for Derby.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, I think you are being unfair. If anyone watched Chris Martin in the play off final, and during pretty much any other season in his career so far, it would be easily to form the impression that he does chuff all.

One game? JFC was poor in that first leg but he's nineteen years old and in his first full season. Chicksen, meanwhile, was lobbed into a defence shorn of all its regulars apart from one, and that was a full back forced into action at centre half. That against a team with a huge amount of momentum and backing, in a season-deciding, effectively one-off game.

Fair enough, but I think my original point was that I didn't think that if Brighton were to challenge they could rely on the likes of those two, regardless of age...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here