Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am really looking forward to our summer signing's .
This is the end of Tony Blooms five year plan from taking over the club. He stated he wanted to be in the championship in our first season at the Amex, which was achieved.
The last two season's, he wanted play off position finishes, which was achieved.

He stated in his five year plan that he wanted to be in the Premiership at the end of the five years.
We have had Paul Barber telling everyone that we are Premier League ready for the last year and that we have the stadium, management, coaches and backroom staff to be Premier ready. Now we have the training ground in place, so the final piece of the jigsaw is a team capable of getting us there this year to fulfil Tony's five year plan..
So we should see some great signings this season to make it happen.

We got into the championship 1 year ahead of schedule.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is the end of Tony Blooms five year plan from taking over the club. He stated he wanted to be in the championship in our first season at the Amex, which was achieved.
The last two season's, he wanted play off position finishes, which was achieved.
He stated in his five year plan that he wanted to be in the Premiership at the end of the five years.
We have had Paul Barber telling everyone that we are Premier League ready for the last year and that we have the stadium, management, coaches and backroom staff to be Premier ready. Now we have the training ground in place, so the final piece of the jigsaw is a team capable of getting us there this year to fulfil Tony's five year plan..

Unfortunately, FFP and increased parachute payments have come in during that timeframe and the plan could possibly have been derailed by them.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I see Leicester City's Lloyd Dyer has gone to Watford. Shame, would have liked to see him in the blue and white stripes.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of QPR, they've acted quickly to plug holes in their ageing defence by picking up the little-known and no doubt low-waged youngster, Rio Ferdinand.

Never saw THAT coming, but I'm sure his salary will fit right in with QPR's sensible wage structure. Now. What day will they announce Lampard & Crouch?

Looking forward to him being exposed as the shite defender he is.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Can anyone source me a quote of Bloom stating that there is a 5 year plan? This nonsence gets trotted out all the time, as far as I'm aware he has said no such thing.

I'm not sure about a five year plan, and i can't source you a quote, but I do recall Bloom mentioning quite a while back that the premier league was a target for 2019. Apologies for the incredibly vague answer, I did my best. :)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Charlton just paid £2.4m for a striker from FC Copenhagen, where have they got the money for that from ?, I thought they were skint.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Charlton just paid £2.4m for a striker from FC Copenhagen, where have they got the money for that from ?, I thought they were skint.

If true, no doubt some sort of FFP sidestep loophole exists as they are a feeder club for Standard Liege now I believe. Probably going to "do a Watford" this season.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

.......George ,but not Joe Cole !!!!!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Looks like Bryson may leave Derby to go to Burnley, which would be a loss, Keogh could go with him, which wouldn't. Still chasing George Thorne, have bid £2m so far, great if that one comes off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Birmingham have now got 8 new players in so they aren't hanging about

They had a near-catastrophic season though, they scraped clear of relegation in about the 96th minute of their final game. They've had an awful lot of deadwood in that squad for several years now, presumably a lot of them have finally finished their fat contracts and been moved on, so they're mainly replacing them with cheaper options.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Birmingham worry me, could be a real force next season.

I remember telling myself that at the start of last season, then look what happened!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I remember telling myself that at the start of last season, then look what happened!

Championship is so unpredictable. Was speaking to a Birmingham supporting old work colleague, Terry Birch, yesterday and he was telling me what a big club they are, in his opinion the biggest in the Championship and that Clark has made some shrewd signings. With some high quality loans from top PL clubs to come and some investment expected into the club as they are selling a percentage of it, he reckons this could be their year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here