Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship play-offs

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Hope Forest win at Wembley. We've had some great wins over them at the Amex. Sheff Utd games generally dull or turned out badly if I remember correctly!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Superb, well done Forest. Brice Samba, what a hero.

During the game maybe but premier ref Oliver let him take the piss during the penalties. Decided to give the keepers overly long lecture whilst Norwood waited, and them Samba save has him stepping two feet forward off the line and Oliver let's it go. Then Samba faffing around between pens

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agreed.

It is SUCH a massive fork in the road for the competing clubs. I've often wondered what kind of trajectory BHA would have gone on, had we won that 1991 final against Notts County. But then look where they are now.

Its a proper 'sliding doors' moment.

Where would we be if we beat Sheff Wednesday or palace for that matter.

There’s a stat in the championship about finishing 3rd and going up automatically the next season. A crazy percentage do.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
8527677cbd997e452236f1c7cd0b562c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Hadn’t realised that this is Forest’s first trip to Wembley since the 1992 Rumbelows Cup final. Christ, I’ve been there 7 times with Grimsby in that period.

I digress slightly, because that cup final is one of the first games I can remember watching on the telly, being only 6 years old at the time. I remember it in particular because they had some bizarre 100m race between players of various teams before the game. Managed to dig it out on YouTube; anyone remember this?

https://youtu.be/wjCcVMyaZLo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Wow, that’s absolutely sickening. Could genuinely have killed Sharp. Running at pace and direct blow to the head like that, especially when unexpected, isn’t that much different in impact to being hit by a car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here