Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship club signings to date.....

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Agree with Munkfish that Blackpool could also struggle. .

They've lost a number of players, Grandin, Baptiste, Crainey, Taylor Fletcher etc etc, and replaced them (hardly) with what look like very low budget signings. If they sell Ince the chairman seemingly will re-invest little (he banked most of the Premier League money to his wife I believe), and they'll find it hard to attract anyone of similar quality to replace him.

Oh, and add to that the fact that Paul Ince is an absolute DINOSAUR of a football manager.

I've got them at 4/1 to be relegated in a little accumulator for fun.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Reading have signed Drenthe!! If they can keep him interested he will destroy championship fullbacks.
It appears this is the preseason where FFP really starts to have a bearing on transfers.

It shows the concerns that other teams have over FFP that most of the Championship sides have released more than they've taken in. I see that M'boro have released Scott McDonald (also gone to Millwall) because of his wages.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. If you thought last season was freakishly even then prepare yourself for more of the same.

2. Looks like there's still loads of business to be done for the "top" sides - QPR, Wigan, Reading, us and Leicester have all shed big numbers and most of these have 3 or 4 first team spots still to fill.

3. Millwall - where did THAT come from?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do Norwich do much scouting or simply wait until a team bids for a good player and outbid them, OR steal Brighton players (they clearly ONLY scout us)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If he goes to Norwich, does this open up the oppotunity of us getting Becchio off them? I would love to see him here back up/alternitive to Ulloa.

albionite

May 20, 2009
A few rumours about that forest have put a bid in for Austin. If true doesn't look like they care about ffp

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So Hooper's debut could be at the Amex?

Be a lot more interest nationally in that game than there would have been.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If anyone signed Crouch for the Championship it would in my opinion guarantee promotion for them.

He would tear up this league.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Nottingham Forest sign striker Jamie Mackie from QPR in three-year deal #SSN

Don't know the price but potentially good signing IMO

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Nottingham Forest seem to have spent shed loads this summer. Not sure how that fits in with FFP as they made a £12 million loss in the last set of accounts that were released and aren't in receipt of parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here