Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Steadinho. Returns back to the fold.

Marvellous scenes.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Very interesting and a lot of those moves had completely passed me by.

Bolton, Millwall, Watford and Wigan all seem to have done especially well so far and I actually think Birmingham have made some good moves considering their low budget.

Birmingham won't be great next year but they have done great business selling and reducing their budget.

Bolton look good to me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blackburn look good too

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Stolen from another site :wink:

2013-14 Official Transfers thread

Thanks for posting this.....exactly what I was looking for.
Didn't realise there were so many Rooneys in the Football League let alone on the move.

Be interesting to see this updated by 31st August....btw which website was it?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Stolen from another site :wink:

2013-14 Official Transfers thread

Thanks for posting this.....exactly what I was looking for.
Didn't realise there were so many Rooneys in the Football League let alone on the move.

Be interesting to see this updated by 31st August....btw which website was it?

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Reading have signed Drenthe!! If they can keep him interested he will destroy championship fullbacks.
It appears this is the preseason where FFP really starts to have a bearing on transfers.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Birmingham seem finally to be refreshing their squad and have a got a bit of money in to boot, I like Clark, I think they're an outside tip for the play-offs. Wigan seem to be confidently signing people, and QPR, thing with them is that they still have loads of very good players - Loic Remy in the championship? ( no, he'll surely go, but there are others)

Millwall probably just replacing Trotter, otherwise they could be very good. Steve Lomas was pretty successful with an unfancied side in the SPL so is one to watch.

Six of the managers have achieved promotion from this level before, and its interesting that of the rest there are loads of young managers who played football at the top level that are still near the start of their managerial career - Zola, Powell, Robins, Freedman, Clark, Flitcroft, Lomas, Ince and Garcia. Plus Pearson, Clough, Howe, Johnson - normally its a bunch of old men in this division

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Therry Racon, Di Santo and Bradley Wright-Phillips anyone?!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Birmingham seem finally to be refreshing their squad and have a got a bit of money in to boot, I like Clark, I think they're an outside tip for the play-offs. Wigan seem to be confidently signing people, and QPR, thing with them is that they still have loads of very good players - Loic Remy in the championship? ( no, he'll surely go, but there are others)

Millwall probably just replacing Trotter, otherwise they could be very good. Steve Lomas was pretty successful with an unfancied side in the SPL so is one to watch.

Six of the managers have achieved promotion from this level before, and its interesting that of the rest there are loads of young managers who played football at the top level that are still near the start of their managerial career - Zola, Powell, Robins, Freedman, Clark, Flitcroft, Lomas, Ince and Garcia. Plus Pearson, Clough, Howe, Johnson - normally its a bunch of old men in this division

I really don't understand the patience people have with Clark. I think he's hopeless and wouldn't be surprised to see Brum struggle this season.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Looking on the BBC daily, I've not noticed too many signings happening thus far.

Maybe the realisttion that clubs need to tighten their belts is starting to kick in.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I really don't understand the patience people have with Clark. I think he's hopeless and wouldn't be surprised to see Brum struggle this season.

I'm with the Arse. Brum a fair bet for the drop at 9's as are Bournemouth at 12's unless they buy a few.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Birmingham won't be great next year but they have done great business selling and reducing their budget.

Bolton look good to me.

Bolton have lost all three pre season games to league one and league two clubs, conceding 6 times with full strength teams (bar Holden). Freedman can't organise that defence nor could any previous managers after Fat Sam! I'm not particularly worried.

What I do worry about is Forrest and Reading.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
two play-off seasons at Hudds and a good start at Brum? what's he done to make him hopeless?

Play offs were a minimum with what he had at his disposal at Hudds. No coincidence that once they replaced him they went up. Check out the strikers he had at his disposal and ask yourself whether making the play offs was a good return. He was playing Novak instead of Rhodes....

I would also question whether he has done well at Brum. Is 12th good? 14 pts behind us with a 60k a week man up top? The only thing I'll give him is somehow he managed to have Gus over far too regularly!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Depends who QPR lose between now and the 31st but I think they will be going for Shit or Bust, so expect them to start the season lively, hopefully after a few wet winter games at some of the poorer grounds in this league some of the players will lose interest.

I currently cant see past Reading for taking top spot and I'm sure Wigan will enter the Playoff fold, Coyle took Burnley up previously although didnt do too great last season with Bolton so who knows.

I would imagine the table will look fairly similar to last season but I see a bottom six of Yeovil, Doncaster, Blackpool, Birmingham, Bournemouth and Hudds.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Agree with Munkfish that Blackpool could also struggle. I have a feeling that Yeovil might just exceed expectations though. Barnsley look to have bought well and are still active in the market. Flitcroft has impressed thus far. I think Hudds will be fine.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agree with Munkfish that Blackpool could also struggle. I have a feeling that Yeovil might just exceed expectations though. Barnsley look to have bought well and are still active in the market. Flitcroft has impressed thus far. I think Hudds will be fine.

Barnsleys not a bad shout, Hudds fell away badly towards the end of last season and we truely spanked them, however a pre-season could change that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here