Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Champions league qualification still possible with just 3 games to go

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we win tonight (which I do think is unlikely)are we in a position where we might want to go for broke and hope Villa beat Liverpool? ???

What an interesting and probably entirely irrelevant thought.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we win tonight (which I do think is unlikely)are we in a position where we might want to go for broke and hope Villa beat Liverpool? ???

What an interesting and probably entirely irrelevant thought.
If we win tonight absolutely...at that point we just have to do the business versus Saints anyway which we have to fancy ourselves to do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just wanted a big old thread highlighting what an incredible reality this is.

I'd like to think we can take it to the last 3 games, maybe 2 as well, but just in case tonight doesn't go so well I thought I'd stick it here now.

I applaud optimism, but crikey. I prefer to stay realistic and concentrate on a place in the top six, the Europa League is more than enough for me. even the Europa Conference should we finish seventh would be more than acceptable, thank you very much.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Think we are getting ahead of ourselves a little bit guys. Sure, we have the team for it and we probably deserve a place at the top table (based on the VAR robberies) but to aim for a Europa spot is more realistic. If any team are going to sneak into the CL places it's likely to be the the entitled lot from Liverpool. Guess we can dream though!
And that's EXACTLY the point of the thread. No-one SERIOUSLY believes that we will get into the CL, but the very fact that there is event the slightest chance with just four games of the season left to play is – quite frankly – mind-boggling!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And that's EXACTLY the point of the thread. No-one SERIOUSLY believes that we will get into the CL, but the very fact that there is event the slightest chance with just four games of the season left to play is – quite frankly – mind-boggling!
IMG_3019.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Win tonight and thump Saints, then I'll dare to dream

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to start a similar thread saying that in a little over three days we could have qualified for Europe with two games to spare.

I didn’t because I knew some people would not get the point and tell me that Spurs are going to win both their games or something.

So I’m glad @Giraffe os getting the stick instead!

As @Greg Bobkin says: the point is where we are right now, and nothing to do with any expectation of where we’ll be in 10 days time.

theboybilly

It's the middle of May and Sky Sports are including Brighton when covering the Top 4 race on MNF.

What a time to be alive.

Even if it's basically impossible to get it, I can't quite believe we are still in the conversation at this time of the season. I do fancy a late run at it if we win tonight though, but we would need a favour from Villa against Liverpool realistically
I saw that on MNF and had to pinch myself. Crazy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just wanted a big old thread highlighting what an incredible reality this is.

I'd like to think we can take it to the last 3 games, maybe 2 as well, but just in case tonight doesn't go so well I thought I'd stick it here now.

Amazing.
A big old very short thread, closed by 9.15 tonight? ??? :lolol:

Edit: I see I have been beaten to it by a middle-aged man in lycra.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Much more chance of us finishing 8th than 4th

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was going to start a similar thread saying that in a little over three days we could have qualified for Europe with two games to spare.

I didn’t because I knew some people would not get the point and tell me that Spurs are going to win both their games or something.

So I’m glad @Giraffe os getting the stick instead!

As @Greg Bobkin says: the point is where we are right now, and nothing to do with any expectation of where we’ll be in 10 days time.
But the point about NSC is that the point is never the point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here