Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yes. I was very wrong. The assumption came from my distrust of an element of England fans rather than Liverpool fans. UEFA and the Paris authorities were 100% responsible for what happened.

Thank you ... (y)

I started to re-read the start of this thread which had many on here jumping to conclusions with the usual stereotyping comments - which I found very sad.

I wonder how many others will follow your lead and correct their original comments. You may be a loan voice!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm guessing those who on the night and in the immediate aftermath were all too ready to blame Liverpool fans - and clutched at any straw they could to back up their comments - won't be coming back on here to say they were wrong!! If they do come back, it will be to continue with their but but but Liverpool fans bollocks!
Indeed. There are some quite disgusting posts at the beginning of this thread. Even after Hillsborough the concept that 'Authority' (UEFA, Police) can ever possibly be wrong is an anathema to some. Must be the fault of the fans, especially if it's 'victim-status loving' Liverpool ones on the receiving end. Stands to reason.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm just scanning the report ... makes for horrific reading ... but these comments about treatment of disabled supporters is on another level!!

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 09.27.34.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 09.28.01.png

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 09.28.22.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thank you ... (y)

I started to re-read the start of this thread which had many on here jumping to conclusions with the usual stereotyping comments - which I found very sad.

I wonder how many others will follow your lead and correct their original comments. You may be a loan voice!

:bigwave:

'Large groups of groups of locals gaining entry to the stadium and a failure to police them'
possibly they were 'ticketless wankers on shit coke'?

Anyway I clearly implied that I thought it was possibly Liverpool supporters contributing to the problem and that's been shown to be wrong.

Pleased to see the truth was reported in some detail on BBC news just now and hope this is covered in all news sources.

Best part of the report for me is that it identifies that the collective behaviour of the Liverpool fans that day was instrumental in the chaos not resulting in tragedy. Not only have they been vindicated, they have also been commended.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
:bigwave:

'Large groups of groups of locals gaining entry to the stadium and a failure to police them'
possibly they were 'ticketless wankers on shit coke'?

Anyway I clearly implied that I thought it was possibly Liverpool supporters contributing to the problem and that's been shown to be wrong.

Pleased to see the truth was reported in some detail on BBC news just now and hope this is covered in all news sources.

Best part of the report for me is that it identifies that the collective behaviour of the Liverpool fans that day was instrumental in the chaos not resulting in tragedy. Not only have they been vindicated, they have also been commended.
Nice one ... (y)

2 down ... quite a few more to go ;)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yes. I was very wrong. The assumption came from my distrust of an element of England fans rather than Liverpool fans.

Similar for me. In fairness the Euro 2020 final at Wembley was fresher in my mind where there has clearly been problems with ticketless 'fans' .

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I feel very sorry for those fans with tickets that won’t get in and criticise the authorities for letting it happen, however the fingers should be pointed at those inside without tickets. They know who they are and will be dining on it for years whilst also campaigning for the authorities to be brought to task.

And now the authorities HAVE been brought to task!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
He’s right though.

If only fans with tickets went to the ground and those without went straight to fanzone this would just be a few stragglers getting through heightened security.

Loads of people on Easy’s travel thread kicking against Scouse stereotypes and yet every ticketless fan that’s got in has robbed a ticket holder, potentially a child looking forward to the biggest night of his life.

Scumbags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you care to review your comment ... as a Mod on here??

Scumbags ??? Really ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Sorry, what the f***? (the last bit).

Why would groups of locals be looking to attack disabled people?

Well precisely ... it seems they were just indiscriminate and went for anyone ... including 'easy' targets. And the French police couldn't give a toss!!

It seems part of the reason why police weren't deployed where they 'could' have helped is because of a 'linguistic error'!

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 10.48.07.png

You couldn't make it up!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes. I was very wrong. The assumption came from my distrust of an element of England fans rather than Liverpool fans. UEFA and the Paris authorities were 100% responsible for what happened.
Surely you clocked the Wembley turnstile rush wasn’t done by proper football fans, in fact proper football fans were pushing them back out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would you care to review your comment ... as a Mod on here??

Scumbags ??? Really ???
I’m not changing my opinion of people bunking in ticketless which is what that clearly refers to.

Why do you think all moderators should think the same as you?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I’m not changing my opinion of people bunking in ticketless which is what that clearly refers to.

Why do you think all moderators should think the same as you?

You were jumping on the bandwagon with many others putting the blame for the chaos and violence squarely at the door of Liverpool supporters!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here