Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

If the locals are predominantly black, the visitors overwhelmingly white, we’re told a lot of ticketless locals broke in, and the footage shows this…yep, it’s completely racist to make such a deduction you’re right. I apologise. You can’t win an argument when someone uses the R word so best not go there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On the still image there are plenty of red shirts in there so no idea how you can say that. And I’m not blaming ‘Scousers’ as I have no idea if they are from Bootle, Birkenhead, Bognor or Bangalore from a video. Yes there are others in there too but plenty of red shirts.

And on your last point as someone who has travelled with England for 20 years, been CS gas’d many times, been to Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Croatia, Marseille etc I’m more than familiar with being caught in the cross fire.

In which case you should know better! Not nice being branded a hooligan when you’re simply trying to watch a football match. The footage shows far fewer red shirts than not. Plus they don’t surge forward, it’s like they’re pushed forward and as said more than a few walk back. It’s telling the only ones running aren’t in red. Equally if you’d been shoved over the line so’s to speak and have a ticket, why wouldn’t you then just carry on? You’ve not caused the dam to burst but now it has, it’s probably the sensible thing to do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s factually correct that you chose the ‘if’ he has a fake ticket and nothing along the lines of it being a bona fide ticket which was the point I referred too and nothing else.

I don’t believe I’ve said anything about any jokes uve made…carry on I’m all for humour…..as regards to Palace fans I thing u may struggle to find any ‘jokes’ re caravans etc that I’ve made
Re Utd …nope nothing about Essex….although I’ll admit to Guildford :)

Looking forward to the Championship Play Off Final this afternoon and concentrating on the match :thumbsup:

I chose “if it’s a bone fide comp” which is the opposite of what you said and also very likely as it came from a player. In other words the issue for Robertson’s mate may well be the venue and UEFA’s fault.

However, if there were also a lot of fakes in play that mitigates it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
In which case you should know better! Not nice being branded a hooligan when you’re simply trying to watch a football match. The footage shows far fewer red shirts than not. Plus they don’t surge forward, it’s like they’re pushed forward and as said more than a few walk back. It’s telling the only ones running aren’t in red. Equally if you’d been shoved over the line so’s to speak and have a ticket, why wouldn’t you then just carry on? You’ve not caused the dam to burst but now it has, it’s probably the sensible thing to do.

Stop with your sensible balanced input!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stop with your sensible balanced input!

Well I’m, trying! But perhaps you’re right, should just let the anti scousers vent their spleen. Not going to change their minds after all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the still image there are plenty of red shirts in there so no idea how you can say that. And I’m not blaming ‘Scousers’ as I have no idea if they are from Bootle, Birkenhead, Bognor or Bangalore from a video. Yes there are others in there too but plenty of red shirts.

And on your last point as someone who has travelled with England for 20 years, been CS gas’d many times, been to Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Croatia, Marseille etc I’m more than familiar with being caught in the cross fire.

To be fair, those in red shirts may well have had tickets but if people behind you in the queue are forcing their way through there's not much you can do about it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t think anyone is denying the planning and treatment of fans from the off was disgraceful.

But it’s also fair to call out adding to the misery was the Liverpool fans with fake tickets and went there intent on breaking in.

But nobody has been able to tell me how many of these fake tickets there were nor how many Liverpool fans broke in. Just a rough number backed by facts would be good. In the absence of this all I am hearing is anti Merseyside prejudice along the lines of ‘well, it’s Liverpool, isn’t it.’

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But nobody has been able to tell me how many of these fake tickets there were nor how many Liverpool fans broke in. Just a rough number backed by facts would be good. In the absence of this all I am hearing is anti Merseyside prejudice along the lines of ‘well, it’s Liverpool, isn’t it.’

I don’t think anyone will know. But what I can tell you is Twitter was full of it this week, and a fair bit has been screenshotted.

Even yesterday afternoon people were asking for screenshots of the app which ‘verified’ your ticket to get past the first cordon which people were also doing at the Euros

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Does anyone actually know what the situation was regards treatment of the R/M fans was like on entering the stadium?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But Palace fans did break into the away end at the Amex without tickets and the police seemingly made up stuff about them having weapons, yet the overwhelming response on here was the correct one. Scumbags all round.

Still, loveable Mickeys eh? Great city (that they leave when they've made it). The cab driver who tried to charge us £45 for a 10 minute ride back from the Cavern Club when we played them in 17/18 must have been an anomoly.

You seem determined to condemn every man Jack of them on the strength of the behaviour of some :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here