Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
23 more than any other team.

Yes we have the PL, Cup, Europe and injuries, but so have Villa, Newcastle, Liverpool, ManUre....

IMG_20231210_195347.jpg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We need to revisit the benefit of managing minutes at the end of the season. The clubs that haven't made many changes might suffer more injuries towards the end of the season.
As an example, it will be interesting to see if West Ham run out of gas and how our injury list compares with theirs in April/May. Moyes tends to make very few changes and his players clock up a lot of miles..

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Most players have now had the full DeZerbiball experience, it certainly feels like a longer-term play. It also feels like it's cost us recent draw that might have been wins, but overall the player-base is better for it, so maybe, just maybe it will pay dividends come the sharp end of the season.

As said on another thread, we ain't doing too badly overall. Very disappointing to drop 6 points against Fulham Sheffield United and now Burnley but we're giving everyone we play a hard game including the likes of Liverpool, City and mega money Chelsea. Look at Everton, we played them off the park and they are playing well. (But for Dunks very tight offside goal we'd have beaten them). I didn't give us a chance against Chelsea with our line up but again, we were the better side albeit losing narrowly. I expect us to have a better 2nd half of season and with half a dozen players back,think we'll be pushing for 5th/6th.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A certain amount no doubt due to: injuries; European football; a large number of young and inexperienced players and a manager who has been lauded for his innovative approach to football.

It's all about context. Plus, Brighton are eigth in the league, so *maybe* there's something in it :shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting Newcastle who have most injuries and have lost last 2 games have have fielded the same 10 outfield players for last 5 games. They are of course also plaing in Europe

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Rotating the keeper must have affected that stat quite a bit compared to other teams. I wonder how many outfield changes we have done? Maybe "just" 57?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d say Igor, Moder, Hinshelwood, buonanette (sp), Dahoud, baleba, and most of the U21s are still relatively fresh, plus some of the players coming back from injury should be after getting up to speed. Add to that ever presents Dunk, Veltman & Gross, and the cameo appearances of Milner and Lallana, we’re reasonably set up for the second half of the season. Plus a signing or two .

(Ps I haven’t thought this through!)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would be interesting to see a table showing how many games our players have played compared to other team players. Can only think Gross and Mitoma maybe near top and Mitoma would include several 45mins

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I suppose what’s really disappointing is that we’ve still been hit so hard with injuries despite all effort to manage minutes.

Is it just bad luck?

You look at other teams, up and around the top who’ve made very few changes and have hardly been affected

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to see if Villa keep it going, John McGinn has played in all their 24 games this season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I just found some stats for most pl appearances this season but were decieving because include when players are sub. EG give Veltman as 15 and he certainly has not played to much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here