Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Centre Backs

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I had Van Hecke as Man of the Match tonight. But the fact that Webby has been rotated in from time to time will stand us in good stead if he has to come in for the next euro game

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Does he miss 2 games? Think the graphic on TV said that according to my old man… that may be why…?
Graphic said "misses next game" but i expect Dad is getting on a bit old like myself .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I had Van Hecke as Man of the Match tonight. But the fact that Webby has been rotated in from time to time will stand us in good stead if he has to come in for the next euro game
Which is the whole point of RDZ's rotation strategy. It's not just about stopping players from getting tired - but keeping as many as match ready as possible.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Which is the whole point of RDZ's rotation strategy. It's not just about stopping players from getting tired - but keeping as many as match ready as possible.
Don’t know. Im of the opinion that rotation causes start/stop physicality which caused risk of injury.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Van Heikie boy will now have to step up to another level if Dunk is out for a while. I thought he got bullied in the first 40 mins

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The Van Heikie boy will now have to step up to another level if Dunk is out for a while. I thought he got bullied in the first 40 mins
Bullied - but stood up to it all, and never actually let him past. That's good defending.

Any news on Dunk need him fit ready for Sheffield Sunday
I'm just envisaging seven teams in Sheffield, one for each day of the week.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bullied - but stood up to it all, and never actually let him past. That's good defending.

I'm just envisaging seven teams in Sheffield, one for each day of the week.....
Totally because outside of Lukaku thise strikers are going nowadays… I’m not having a go against him ….,, zits been a long day 🦒🐋🦖🦛

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He did, in fact I would say Brobbey had the better of him for longer than 40 minutes, Brobbey just didn’t have any support and JPVH had excellent support from the imperious Dunk and Igor plus Veltman and the midfield.

I will get shot down for this I’m sure but I think his performance against a very average attack is being a bit over rated on here in all honesty. He only won 1 out of 4 aerial battles and 4 out 7 ground battles tonight. He was rash at times and his positioning can be an issue. He does worry me in most games he plays.

Clearly he’s developing and turning into a good player for us and he’s young for a centre half so will only get better but he was a long way from being my MOM today - certainly not when Adingra, Gross, Pedro, Veltman and Fati were all better IMO.

Thought Igor was very good again. Really like him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
That Brobbie will be a physical test for any defender to be fair
James Acaster GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here