Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrity Juice

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Am I alone in finding this show absolute cack???

I just don't get it - it's not that I don't have a sense of humour, but having a load of catchphrases shouted at you by half a dozen dullards for half an hour isn't my idea of funny?!?!?!

I also tried watching that Noel Fielding thing the other week too and I just didn't get it!! Having watched (and enjoyed) The Mighty Boosh, I thought it might be good, but I think a better name might have been "Noel Fieldings pretentious pile of shite"!!!

Or am I just getting old??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fern cotton gargles milk. You may not like it, but it is funny:

[yt]hOChL6OaO80[/yt]

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think it is horrendous.

Ferne cotton is in my list of most hated people. I find her to be a talentless fool. But this must just be me as others love her.

Holly I used to think was beautiful but I have gone off her recently as she appears a bit up herself. And it annoyed me last year when she was supposedly celebrity mum of the year but was on television 6/7 days a week. Just when did she see her child?

Keith Lemon I find to be an example of everything that is wrong with 'celebrity' these days.

However, looking at the other replies I am in a minority. I'm just old before my time and despite being 23 have the grumpiness of my dad!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ferne cotton is in my list of most hated people. I find her to be a talentless fool. But this must just be me as others love her.
You're certainly not alone.
And it annoyed me last year when she was supposedly celebrity mum of the year but was on television 6/7 days a week. Just when did she see her child?
Indeed, but all celebrity is shit, you're better off ignoring the lot of them.
Keith Lemon I find to be an example of everything that is wrong with 'celebrity' these days.
He's good at taking the piss out of 'celebrity'.
I'm just old before my time and despite being 23 have the grumpiness of my dad!
Yes, you are old before your time. Were you too young for Bo Selecta?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Am I alone in finding this show absolute cack???

I just don't get it - it's not that I don't have a sense of humour, but having a load of catchphrases shouted at you by half a dozen dullards for half an hour isn't my idea of funny?!?!?!

I also tried watching that Noel Fielding thing the other week too and I just didn't get it!! Having watched (and enjoyed) The Mighty Boosh, I thought it might be good, but I think a better name might have been "Noel Fieldings pretentious pile of shite"!!!

Or am I just getting old??

nope, I'm right with you there, tedious washed-out stuff done much the same before.

edit: Although I am 41, although what bearing that has on what you find funny I don't know....

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Clearly I'm in a minority, with the odd exception,

Fearne Cotton is probably one of the most talentless bints I've ever had the misfortune of seeing or hearing (her radio show is the biggest load of turd ever - how the f*** is she a replacement for the legendary Jo Whiley?!?!?)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Fearne Cotton is probably one of the most talentless bints I've ever had the misfortune of seeing or hearing (her radio show is the biggest load of turd ever - how the f*** is she a replacement for the legendary Jo Whiley?!?!?)

Ah well, there you let yourself down....much as I admit Fearne Cotton has as much substance as bubblebath, Smiley Whiley is possibly my least favourite DJ ever, surely winner of 'Most Anodyne Celeb ever'

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Looks like I'm in the minority here then as I like it, although i mainly only like it too see how far he can push the guests before pissing them off

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ah well, there you let yourself down....much as I admit Fearne Cotton has as much substance as bubblebath, Smiley Whiley is possibly my least favourite DJ ever, surely winner of 'Most Anodyne Celeb ever'

Have to agree in terms of how far she can jam her tongue up people's arses, but generally I found her music selection reasonable, and I do like her evening show on Radio 2, it's nice to have on while cooking dinner!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

You know it's a comedy character don't you :lolol:

Keith Lemon the character himself isn't funny in the slightest but what he makes the contestants get up to is usually bloody hilarious.

I'm talking Ant & Dec blindfolded in a booth with a fat naked woman, ugly naked old man, Verne Troyer...

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Celebrity juice is good but there is only so long you can do that sort of stuff before it gets a bit same old especially as the amount of times its on now

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Clearly I'm in a minority, with the odd exception,

Agree about Fearne Cotton but Jo Whiley lost all credibility years ago. She could have been a force for driving a more progressive playlist onto daytime Radio 1 but she ended up becoming increasingly sycophantic as she repeatedly gushed over the latest "new" band (e.g. her love affair with The Kooks) whilst trying to pitch herself as a right on "yoof" presenter as she past 40.

The benchmark for maintaining relevance and principles whilst ageing is of course John Peel and Jo Whiley is nowhere near that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here