Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Celebrity 2023

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
it seems like ITV has done away with the whole 'happy and harmonious camp' that has existed in the past few years.
Not really. They're just going through Tuckman's stages of group development. I'm sure that 'forming, storming, norming, performing' will be all too familiar to anyone who has been forced to take part in some kind of team training at work. (Why are all US psychologists obsessed with concepts that rhyme? If there is a stage that can't be described with a rhyming word, do they just leave it out?)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not really. They're just going through Tuckman's stages of group development. I'm sure that 'forming, storming, norming, performing' will be all too familiar to anyone who has been forced to take part in some kind of team training at work. (Why are all US psychologists obsessed with concepts that rhyme? If there is a stage that can't be described with a rhyming word, do they just leave it out?)
I've no idea what that is but I've already read about more broadcasted 'clashes' than I saw in previous series of the show.

Beyond that, having to watch/listen to Farage (and a genuine ignorance of the majority of campmates) was enough to put me off this time around.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've no idea what that is but I've already read about more broadcasted 'clashes' than I saw in previous series of the show.

Beyond that, having to watch/listen to Farage (and a genuine ignorance of the majority of campmates) was enough to put me off this time around.
Amusingly, Farage's involvement doesn't look like being what he hoped it would be. He said the quiet bit out loud yesterday. He was visibly surprised and a bit annoyed that he wasn't nominated for the second task. He said quietly to a campmate that the tasks mean 25% of the airtime and the producers picked up on this and had Ant & Dec joking about it throughout the show. Hancock was aware of any weasly opportunities to gain more exposure, but wasn't stupid enough to say it to anyone.

To this programme's audience Farage is just a dry old bloke. He's not very interesting. He showed very little reaction in the first task and they nominated Nella for the second because she was entertaining in the first. That's what the voting viewers are after. She has grown up in the Reality TV age and understands that the worst sin in this environment is to not be noticed. Older people like us may make doom laden predictions that her kicking off will see her get her just deserts as far as a future career in this kind of thing is concerned, but producers won't care about Fred Sirieix's hurt feelings. They will just check the numbers. Reality TV is like a misbehaving toddler - it doesn't distinguish between good and bad attention. It just wants attention.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Nella has been an annoying twat from the first minute, but regained a * modicum * of respect I think from that eating trial the other night. She did well, far better than I thought she would.

But her completely unwarranted childish meltdown against Fred, the most affable easy-going bloke in there, has likely burned whatever post-IACGMOOH career she thought she would be able to forge.

The bloke made a sincere apology for unintentionally upsetting her, and she threw it back in his face. Offended for the SAKE of being offended, to make a big show all about HER. I hope a scorpion crawls up her minky in the night, and she's taken off the show on medical grounds.
Had better not post the explicit link, but there’s an old Tweet surfaced where she says Westwood is old enough to be a girl’s dad.

There’s always a Tweet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
She started the race card last night and she will be bringing it into play first proper opportunity

Dreadful attention seeking women that Nella

Doesn’t reflect well on the youth of today

Reactions: abc

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I saw an interview a while back with Seann Walsh and, when the subject of IACGMOOH came up, he confirmed that the chat chow type interactions between the celebrities are completely prompted by the producers. 'Why don't you lot sit by the pool and talk about how you all got into TV?', or 'Why don't you discuss Farage and his politics just as he's walking by and, instead of shutting up in case he heard like a normal person would, invite him to explain himself?' It's created content and, in the latter case, I would suspect that Farage and the producers conspired that some kind of discsussion be filmed because they've spent a fortune on him and his politics are all he has got that are of interest to anybody.

Therefore the producers put Nella in the position of having to debate with him, when it seemed pretty obvious, when she first met him, that she didn't really have a clue who he was. It was obvious from the conversation that the only politics she has are personal and then, when she talks from her own experience, viewers shout about her mentioning her race. She was out of her depth, but she tried her best because she's savvy enough to know that she's there to be noticed. Those less in need of exposure will be less likely to do the things that the producers suggest. You'll notice how, when the convesrsation started, Grace Dent, who has nothing to gain from such a scenario and will be happy to return to her teen novels and Guardian restaurant review column, slipped away unnoticed to leave the youngsters Nella and Danielle to play patsy to Farage's quest for airtime.

If any of this created content makes you angry and you feel the need to shout, be careful not to bite down on the big hook that's sticking through your lip.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
She started the race card last night and she will be bringing it into play first proper opportunity

Dreadful attention seeking women that Nella

Doesn’t reflect well on the youth of today
Meanwhile Musk's hate engine has been fully fired up for days and my kids tell me that there are many hateful, racist posts about her. It's worth remembering that this is an everyday occurrence for black people who have a public persona. Race is constantly used as a weapon on social media and its not surprising that it's more of a pressing theme for the targets of such attacks than it is for the neutral observer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was the Nella show last night. We need Frankie to bring some fun and entertainment

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That Nella is a nightmare. That "I'm old enough to be your dad" bust-up with Fred was so obviously contrived by her (trying to suck some of Farage's 25%!!).

I'm really looking forward to "I'm Tony Bellow and I'm best known for punching people in the face".

Punch away Tone, punch away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2023 and this self congratulatory abortion of an "entertainment" show is still going on? F**k me.

Cheer the hero! Boo the witch! Marvel that the unpleasant, right wing politician can actually talk about other stuff in the 23 hours of the day he's not being interviewed! Feed them all anuses and bollocks! Find a really entitled Gen Z-er! Hilarious!

:shootself

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
I saw an interview a while back with Seann Walsh and, when the subject of IACGMOOH came up, he confirmed that the chat chow type interactions between the celebrities are completely prompted by the producers. 'Why don't you lot sit by the pool and talk about how you all got into TV?', or 'Why don't you discuss Farage and his politics just as he's walking by and, instead of shutting up in case he heard like a normal person would, invite him to explain himself?' It's created content and, in the latter case, I would suspect that Farage and the producers conspired that some kind of discsussion be filmed because they've spent a fortune on him and his politics are all he has got that are of interest to anybody.

Therefore the producers put Nella in the position of having to debate with him, when it seemed pretty obvious, when she first met him, that she didn't really have a clue who he was. It was obvious from the conversation that the only politics she has are personal and then, when she talks from her own experience, viewers shout about her mentioning her race. She was out of her depth, but she tried her best because she's savvy enough to know that she's there to be noticed. Those less in need of exposure will be less likely to do the things that the producers suggest. You'll notice how, when the convesrsation started, Grace Dent, who has nothing to gain from such a scenario and will be happy to return to her teen novels and Guardian restaurant review column, slipped away unnoticed to leave the youngsters Nella and Danielle to play patsy to Farage's quest for airtime.

If any of this created content makes you angry and you feel the need to shout, be careful not to bite down on the big hook that's sticking through your lip.
Think it has to be doesn’t it..would imagine it would be even more unwatchably dull without it..just a load of dullards banging on about themselves and their kids etc. The disrespecting thing gets very tedious very quickly.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
2023 and this self congratulatory abortion of an "entertainment" show is still going on? F**k me.

Cheer the hero! Boo the witch! Marvel that the unpleasant, right wing politician can actually talk about other stuff in the 23 hours of the day he's not being interviewed! Feed them all anuses and bollocks! Find a really entitled Gen Z-er! Hilarious!

:shootself
It is however, television production of the absolute finest.

Huge sets, round the clock editing, filmed overseas but broadcast live. Never a hitch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Crying over kids , marveling over luxuries from home

At this point they had been gone for 3 days !!

Clowns

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is however, television production of the absolute finest.

Huge sets, round the clock editing, filmed overseas but broadcast live. Never a hitch.
That explains why they've only got fivepence left for when they've miraculously got the rights to a football match.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nella has been an annoying twat from the first minute, but regained a * modicum * of respect I think from that eating trial the other night. She did well, far better than I thought she would.

But her completely unwarranted childish meltdown against Fred, the most affable easy-going bloke in there, has likely burned whatever post-IACGMOOH career she thought she would be able to forge.

The bloke made a sincere apology for unintentionally upsetting her, and she threw it back in his face. Offended for the SAKE of being offended, to make a big show all about HER. I hope a scorpion crawls up her minky in the night, and she's taken off the show on medical grounds.
She only got 3 meals before she cracked, didn't she? Doesn't sound like "didn't well" to me, or was that in a different task? I'm just stumbling across tidbits on fascist twitter, or X as it's officially called.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She only got 3 meals before she cracked, didn't she? Doesn't sound like "didn't well" to me, or was that in a different task? I'm just stumbling across tidbits on fascist twitter, or X as it's officially called.
She got 4 out of 5 stars on the eating challenge. I couldn't blame her for passing on the last one tbh. It looked like an enormous fishy tapeworm with hundreds of legs. Fair play.

She's still an insufferable twat though. F*ck knows why people actively seek her out on YouTube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here