KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
celeb.jpg

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've heard surprisingly little about this series in the press. I haven't watched it, or actively looked for updates from it, but to see essentially nothing in my media consumption over the last couple of weeks (?) is a damning indictment of how low profile it's been. And "low profile" is anathema for prime time commercial television.

Maybe it's time for a break.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That French chap moaning about the cleanliness of the pots ???
Tonight's episode shows him picking his gaelic conk and rolling fingers :sick:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sam's going to piss it!

That eating trial proves the cow's penis and pig's vagina truly are disgusting.

Prediction:
Winner Sam Thompson.
Runner-up Tony Bellow (Scouse boxer).
Third Nigel Farage - he's not as bad as I thought he was.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly why this show shouldn't have politicians on it. Even Ant and Dec agree.

ITV is a terrestrial channel. Rather than worrying about bias in the BBC, shouldn't we be insisting that any free to all channel is politically neutral?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sam's going to piss it!

That eating trial proves the cow's penis and pig's vagina truly are disgusting.

Prediction:
Winner Sam Thompson.
Runner-up Tony Bellow (Scouse boxer).
So do you think the Farage in the Jungle was the "real" him, as he promised?

Because, if that is the case, it would suggest his whole political career has been an act!

I haven't watched the show - partly because I think he comes across as an awful individual. A TV game-show appearance is unlikely to change my mind...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Intriguing. :whistle:

So most of the cheapskates haven't actually watched the show so are basing him purely on being a politician? Like Hancock last year they both showed a side that they are human, prepared to muck in with the chores but I still think they had the TV crew wrapped around their little finger to a degree.

Next year there won't be any politicians on the show (thank God). I'd like to think that the dozen that are chosen are given a fair crack of the whip though by the general public on whether they are tossers or have a heart of gold.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sam and Tony are a proper odd couple with an amazing relationship. Lovely tv. Tony seems a curious figure and seems a nice guy who is fighting quite a few internal demons. Good luck to him . Sam seems a great character full of energy. ADHD and formed a great bond with Tony. He was so happy to win.

Nigel was as dull as expected. Just jokes about being a remainer now.

Josie - didn’t warm to her at all, not sure why. Seemed to have quite a few digs at people.

Marvin - seemed a top bloke. Struck me as someone you would love to be mates with.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Exactly why this show shouldn't have politicians on it. Even Ant and Dec agree.

ITV is a terrestrial channel. Rather than worrying about bias in the BBC, shouldn't we be insisting that any free to all channel is politically neutral?
So finding out that the media sound bites are only a part of the whole package and not the complete person is a bad thing?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So finding out that the media sound bites are only a part of the whole package and not the complete person is a bad thing?
Well if his true personality came out and that’s a ruddy big if, then it proves he’s a liar in his whole political “career”doesn’t it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’re just watching other media sound bites. The jungle thing is heavily edited to get “best bits” so massive thickos phone a premium line to vote.

Farage has more media exposure in the UK and yet has never been elected to the UK Parliament. He gets to put his agenda over far more than Caroline Lucas who is elected. It’s clear bias.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Do you think you might have a bit of a superiority complex? :LOL:
I'd agree with him, anyone stupid enough to phone a premium rate number to vote on any sort of reality show must be a bit thick. When you factor in that you can vote for free via an app on your smart phone I'd upgrade anyone using the phone line to "massive thicko".

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't really understand the 'see the real me' narrative about Farage. He came across as a bit intolerant of others, crotchety and self satisfied. That's always been his persona anyway. He didn't entertain and the only reason anyone would have had to vote for him was a previous liking for him / sharing of his political views. His biggest strength as a politician has always been a Johnson-like ability to appear genuine even when he's lying through his teeth, so what has anybody learned about him?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Rest assured, getting the top three right with Corals 13/8 (tricast) has gone to a good cause.

Guinness Boy's bank account.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Intriguing. :whistle:

So most of the cheapskates haven't actually watched the show so are basing him purely on being a politician? Like Hancock last year they both showed a side that they are human, prepared to muck in with the chores but I still think they had the TV crew wrapped around their little finger to a degree.

Next year there won't be any politicians on the show (thank God). I'd like to think that the dozen that are chosen are given a fair crack of the whip though by the general public on whether they are tossers or have a heart of gold.
Doesn't really answer my question, but I'll leave it there.

Farage – and ANY politician, in fact – has plenty of opportunity to show that they are 'human'. He, IMO, has not done that, so far from what I've seen of him. Hence why I was asking what is the REAL him.

Also, people HAVE to 'muck in with the chores', or else they'll be seen as disruptive and get booted out. And his ego couldn't cope with that. So I'm saying (yes, even without seeing it) that, like Hancock before him, it was essentially just an act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here