Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CBS Reporter & Camerman shot and killed during live broadcast

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Every tragic event takes a chunk of my spirit with it :down:
Events far worse than this have been happening since before we were born. I suggest you don't let yourself think about it all too much, it's the only way to stay sane.

One of the comments on that article:

CAThreeper
10 minutes ago
Well, the anti gun nuts won't even wait until the blood is dry to go on the offensive with their misguided anti gun nonsense. The fact remains these two could have been killed in countless other ways, but some people are so brainwashed and unthinking that they cannot comprehend that and instead blame guns for literally every single problem in this country when they should be blaming the sick individual who cold bloodedly killed two people on live TV
Ironic that a pro gun nut waited even less time than anyone who's anti gun.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Jul 21, 2015
CNWHnF_WgAEQ2D6.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Don't go anywhere near the hashtag on twitter if you don't want to see it.

I very nearly accidentally saw it, a video started playing from the gunman's perspective but I managed to get rid of it.

Does anybody know how to disable auto video play on twitter?

edit : nevermind, sorted it.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have not clicked into the link again to check but I didn't see a video of it in that webpage so if there was a video on that link I apologise

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Blimey, utterly horrendous.

We can't give any quarter on weapons in this country, we are way too soft over here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have not clicked into the link again to check but I didn't see a video of it in that webpage so if there was a video on that link I apologise

No problem. Just trying to protect those that don't want to see it. Easy enough for those that do, to find it elsewhere.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Being reported now that the suspect has killed himself.

"Earlier reports that the gunman had died now appear to be premature. He is in critical condition, more recent reports say."

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
No problem. Just trying to protect those that don't want to see it. Easy enough for those that do, to find it elsewhere.

It's not my bag to post videos of that kinda thing, no video link showed up on my tablet. I thought I was just posting the link to the story. :(

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The principle news anchor for the channel earlier revealed that he was in a relationship with the reporter and that they had just got engaged.

An obvious statement i know, but it's just wrong that footage of that nature can be allowed to exist on the internet, for countless reasons. Surely at some point greater control has to be taken. Big Brother? - maybe it's time...

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
The principle news anchor for the channel earlier revealed that he was in a relationship with the reporter and that they had just got engaged.

An obvious statement i know, but it's just wrong that footage of that nature can be allowed to exist on the internet, for countless reasons. Surely at some point greater control has to be taken. Big Brother? - maybe it's time...

You are free to not watch, as opposed to not free from being watched.

But I get that you are making a wider point. Genie is out of the bottle I'm afraid.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
"Earlier reports that the gunman had died now appear to be premature. He is in critical condition, more recent reports say."

And I hope he stays that way, keep him alive just enough to make him suffer in agony for a very long time!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
part of a previous interview with Obama at the BBC shown on the 6o'clock news this evening. The biggest disappointment of his Presidency is that he has not managed to bring in some sort of gun control. I didn't note the exact words, but he was in a quiet diplomatic Presidential way fairly scathing of the pro-gun lobby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here