[Misc] Cazoo going into administration/liquidation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Seems the party is over. Anybody on here buy from them? How do warranties work if they do go under?

Edit - just seen that if they do go under that anyone who has ordered and paid for an as yet undelivered car will lose the money and the car if they do fail šŸ˜²

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Donā€™t they sponsor the England cricket team?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Bigger story than you think. Cazoo is owned by Constallation group who also have We Buy Any Car and British Car Auctions. They've been accused of wrapping up the used car market, keeping all good cars for Cazoo and selling rubbish at the BCA where small traders pick up their stock.
EDIT Incorrect info corrected later in thread

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Umm, all my company cars have been bought without me seeing them, I am given a budget then pick a car I want ( needs to be 4 door with a boot or estate car) the first time I see it is when it arrives on my drive.
Second hand?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bigger story than you think. Cazoo is owned by Constallation group who also have We Buy Any Car and British Car Auctions. They've been accused of wrapping up the used car market, keeping all good cars for Cazoo and selling rubbish at the BCA where small traders pick up their stock.
Constellation do own We Buy Any Car and BCA as you say, https://www.constellationautomotive.com/our-brands, but they donā€™t own Cazoo; it was listed on the NYSE in 2021, trading under the ticker CZOO.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Shock , that Everton are one of the teams they sponsor . Yet another nail in the revenue stream of that so called football club

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Constellation do own We Buy Any Car and BCA as you say, https://www.constellationautomotive.com/our-brands, but they donā€™t own Cazoo; it was listed on the NYSE in 2021, trading under the ticker CZOO.
I stand corrected, thanks google for incorrect info, they own Cinch. But this could well be part of my story. We Buy Any Car are buying up as many used cars as they can and then selling them at their own auction houses to the traders, hence the price of used cars going up. Except that the better cars are sold via Cinch meaning dealers get only the cars that you and I don't want. As I say, it's quite a story that no one is interested in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Umm, all my company cars have been bought without me seeing them, I am given a budget then pick a car I want ( needs to be 4 door with a boot or estate car) the first time I see it is when it arrives on my drive.
Ummmā€¦.ive bought a second hand car unseenā€¦well apart from photos that is šŸ¤”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports