Category A prices for Arsenal FA Cup 4th round...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not only Arsenal reserves but what team will Hughton put out ?

Category A prices are fine if we field a Category A team. If we rock up and find Walton in goal, Glen Rea at centre half and Kemy in midfield the price becomes an issue...

Good points. We've not exactly put our best XI out in recent cup games.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I'm guessing, obviously, but yes I do. I believe he has a history of putting out a team of mostly reserves in the cup. Not that he is alone in that respect, Hull (according to the BBC report) made 10 changes to the team that played Arse in the last round.

Correct, has he not even done that in finals in previous years as he has said they have got them to the final, not that the reserve team will be exactly bad, still better than a few premier league teams! It does appear expensive, I remember a few years ago Arsenal played Sunderland in the 4th round of the league cup (alright not quite the same) on a weekday night and tickets were a fiver, with it on TV I would not be surprised to see at least a 1/3 of the seats not used at this price

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Best news in all of this is the shifting round of the away fans into the Family Stand, i.e. home fans get to be behind the goal in the South.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because most football clubs in This country take the piss with ticket prices some see charging these amounts acceptable as it's Arsenal... I see both sides of the argument but for me personally there should never be a ticket over £20 as a cap for the whole of football. Yes it's too late & yes Sky etc should take some of the blame too for making wages etc so high that clubs have to charge these sorts of prices.

Again that's my opinion on football in general - these prices are what I expected - yes Id still pay the £32 cos I love the club (yes I appreciate that could be hypocritical). Thanks for listening.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Very weird. The club allegedly upgraded the ticketing system as well.

For the evening games I take my parents, both OAPs. I upgrade my kids U18 tickets each time but whereas in previous years it's been done on the smart card, this season I have to go to the ticket window & collect a new paper ticket, very strange.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For the evening games I take my parents, both OAPs. I upgrade my kids U18 tickets each time but whereas in previous years it's been done on the smart card, this season I have to go to the ticket window & collect a new paper ticket, very strange.

Seems a backward step which is rather odd given there was a new ticketing system installed at the start of the season. I wonder if someone didn't do their due-diligence on the new system?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Club had a golden opportunity here for a good bit of fan PR, by giving season ticket holders 48hrs, to snap up their tickets for £20-£24-£28 and £32 before whacking them up to full price. After the first half of this season, it would have been a good call by someone and shown that the fans are taken into consideration. But as usual it's all about the green. I will be very surprised if this sells out and if it does, it won't all be Albion fans in the home seats.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do despair.
Those who complain appear to be primarily those who either don't attend or who cherry pick.
The prices are not higher than a comparable league game. It isn't taking the piss.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thought the whole point of smart cards was to load tickets on them for cup ties to save the hassle of printing and posting them as well as the expense of it all, now we'll get the binfest of my tickets haven't arrived yet

How many will throw away their ticket stub and regret it later ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports