Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casual XI

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't understand why you include Murray. He popped up lots of times in defence to keep out certain goals.

At times he could appear VERY casual.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite type of player with Berbatov being my favourite player EVER.

We sing from the same hymn sheet.

I go to football to be ENTERTAINED. These players ENTERTAIN. They're the ones I pay my admission price for.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pat Nevin. What's better: his footballing skill, or his taste in music?

I remember seeing Pat Nevin take a penalty, that he took with such little EFFORT, that it failed to reach the goal.

Oh, on that note - RYAN HARLEY!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Keeper is a toughie. I'll put forward our very own Casper - likes to relax with a coffee and a crafty smoke, and always seems happier tapping the ball about, that doing any of that diving around nonsense.

How about Simon Royce?, a keeper we had on loan back in the 80's? He was so busy celebrating with fans after saving a penalty he failed to notice the opposition were still attacking, and they scored.

It's a shame this isn't a cricketing thread, because l'd nominate Peterson and Swann.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Jan Molby - Has any player spent more time during their career wandering around the centre circle (or in the queue for a pie)? His motto seemed to be why run with the ball when you can send an inch perfect pass instead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure if he can really be considered, as he seems to actually CARE a bit too much, but what about ZLATAN?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Basically, we're looking for people with cool hairstyles who score goals without running much.

ish. Don't have to be a goalscorer. Can just be class on the ball, and very casual. Hairstyle doesn't matter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ibrahimovic.

On the blurb for his new book:

Zlatan Ibrahimovich is a professional footballer, one of the world's most prolific strikers. Captain of his native Sweden, he has played for all of Europe's top teams, including Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, Barcelona, Milan and, most recently, Paris Saint-Germain, where he is the league's top goalscorer.

LOVELY dig at Real Madrid there.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Eh? Beckham frequently showed stats of running more than anyone else in the team!

Indeed. Beckham is an absolutely TERRIBLE shout.

Beckham maximised his finite talents, through huge endeavour, and untold hours of practice. He is the complete OPPOSITE of what this thread is about.

He was extremely powder puff and I have no recollection of him ever 'tracking his man'.
That Greece game seems to be all anyone remembers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He was extremely powder puff and I have no recollection of him ever 'tracking his man'.
That Greece game seems to be all anyone remembers.

Beckham was undoubtably SLOW but my recollection of him is usually that he worked his arse off. He is however MONSTROUSLY overrated, will probably go down as the most overrated player of all time due to his celebrity status.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Beckham was undoubtably SLOW but my recollection of him is usually that he worked his arse off. He is however MONSTROUSLY overrated, will probably go down as the most overrated player of all time due to his celebrity status.

Fair play. I suppose he wasn't lazy. I'll play him again when we're picking the 'snail-paced & weaker than Dean Cox XI'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here