Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash benefits or Food stamps?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some very blinkered views on here, the majority of employed people are only six pay checks away from hardship could happen to anyone of you as it did me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And you have reported him? You think everyone on benefits is like this, we are all the same?

Why do you pretend to know what I think? Its obviously well above your pay grade. As I stated in other posts the biggest fraud is incapacity benefit, are you capable in having a debate without projecting absolutist crap?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Why do you pretend to know what I think? Its obviously well above your pay grade. As I stated in other posts the biggest fraud is incapacity benefit, are you capable in having a debate without projecting absolutist crap?

You have complained about your neighbours, said they are cheating the benefits system I just asked if you have reported them. Honestly do you know what their medical condition is or have you just made your judgement by looking at them? Or are they just 'the type'?

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
But, if money is available for smokes and drink etc then the benefit is too much right? Or are we now paying for these too. If benefit is spent on what is intended for then fine, but not for over and above the necessaries.

I agree in part with what you are saying, but where do you draw the line. I for one would expect more than some food stamps if i lost my job, i have been lucky enough to earn some good money in my time and with that have paid some heavy taxes. Unfortunately some people do rip off the system these are the people that need to be weeded out. Better government policy on who can claim i.e immigration, should people who have hardly paid in be able to take out? or people who come on trips to this country to use our NHS also if a job is offered and not taken the money should be suspended and yes a voucher system should maybe then be put in place so they can only afford the basics.. what i don`t like seeing is all people that are not working, being tared with the same brush. It`s hard times all round at the moment, more money is wasted by tax avoidance and tax breaks by the people who can afford it, should maybe start there and work down..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You have complained about your neighbours, said they are cheating the benefits system I just asked if you have reported them. Honestly do you know what their medical condition is or have you just made your judgement by looking at them? Or are they just 'the type'?

I thought I told you not to try and project crap at me you lowbrow snivelling weasal. you are the only person who has mentioned wether they "look the type", take your playground style of debate and shove it at your dumb arse you clueless tosser.

Wether I have reported either them or how well I know their condition is a mute point. If you are incapable of taking on trust what I have said already what is the point of elaborating? so you can dismiss that with snide remarks also? It is also none of your business.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I thought I told you not to try and project crap at me you lowbrow snivelling weasal. you are the only person who has mentioned wether they "look the type", take your playground style of debate and shove it at your dumb arse you clueless tosser.

Wether I have reported either them or how well I know their condition is a mute point. If you are incapable of taking on trust what I have said already what is the point of elaborating? so you can dismiss that with snide remarks also? It is also none of your business.

Are you shouting ?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

I don't think you have the first clue about the subject you are trying to discuss here and your language clearly means you are having far more trouble keeping up with this discussion than I am. I am not going to put up with your insults that have now lasted 2 days.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think you have the first clue about the subject you are trying to discuss here and your language clearly means you are having far more trouble keeping up with this discussion than I am. I am not going to put up with your insults that have now lasted 2 days.

Your right you dont think. My insults? What about yours? Insinuating i am a biggot and dishonest? I'm just more straight up and better at hurling shit than you are. Fine, dont put up with me. Put me on ignore so I dont have to deal with butthurt mental midgets who start crying when they cant take what they dish out.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Your right you dont think. My insults? What about yours? Insinuating i am a biggot and dishonest? I'm just more straight up and better at hurling shit than you are. Fine, dont put up with me. Put me on ignore so I dont have to deal with butthurt mental midgets who start crying when they cant take what they dish out.

I do know a lot about incapacity benefit, you clearly know very little, you have diagnosed people in your own street and have insinuated on here they are benefit cheaters, you did that not me. Would you say what you did about your neighbours to their faces?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

When did I say you are dishonest? Or a biggot?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
When did I say you are dishonest? Or a biggot?

I said you insinuated..

"Honestly do you know what their medical condition is or have you just made your judgement by looking at them? Or are they just 'the type'? "

I know them well enough to talk to them directly and people they know well. I'm not prepare to discuss details as it really adds nothing. Your continual attempts to pump me for info suggest you dont beleive what I say. It wont add anything by me posting details neither is it likely to change your mind with your attitudel . You may wish to think I am making it all up, whatever, thats all your getting.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I said you insinuated..

"Honestly do you know what their medical condition is or have you just made your judgement by looking at them? Or are they just 'the type'? "

I know them well enough to talk to them directly and people they know well. I'm not prepare to discuss details as it really adds nothing. Your continual attempts to pump me for info suggest you dont beleive what I say. It wont add anything by me posting details neither is it likely to change your mind with your attitudel . You may wish to think I am making it all up, whatever, thats all your getting.

I think you are missing my point, I am not suggesting you are lying at all. My point was you see these people who are on benefits because they have 'bad backs' but they are able to get to the pub to spend their own money. My point is how do you they don't really have a legitimate back problem that mean they cannot work so need help but but does not mean they can physically get to a pub and physically have a drink. Without knowing the details of their condition how can you make that judgement.
If you saw me right now I look totally healthy, no outward signs of anything but the fact is I am pretty ill, my point was how can you judge what they are actually capable of?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think you are missing my point, I am not suggesting you are lying at all. My point was you see these people who are on benefits because they have 'bad backs' but they are able to get to the pub to spend their own money. My point is how do you they don't really have a legitimate back problem that mean they cannot work so need help but but does not mean they can physically get to a pub and physically have a drink. Without knowing the details of their condition how can you make that judgement.
If you saw me right now I look totally healthy, no outward signs of anything but the fact is I am pretty ill, my point was how can you judge what they are actually capable of?

Because I have seen one of them lifting heavy stuff on a regular basis and they could also get a job behind a desk as both have no problem sitting on the sofa all day watching TV till the pubs open.
ETA. Both have said to me a bad back is the reason so has little to do with my diagnosis, other than they are a pair of lazy, work shy good for nothings.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Because I have seen one of them lifting heavy stuff on a regular basis and they could also get a job behind a desk as both have no problem sitting on the sofa all day watching TV till the pubs open.

Ok so knowing that and feeling as you have stated in this thread about benefit fraud surely it's your duty to report them and stop it happening?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All it would do is make people trade food stamps for cash at a vastly inferior price as happens in the states. I get a bit sick of the assumption that people on benefits are all smoking drinking scum bags who live a life of Riley whilst your out grafting to keep them. there are some yes but the majority are just ordinary folk trying to get by having paid in to the system for years.
Spot on. There will always be malingers taking the piss, but it is a sad thing that in this recession people on benefits are seen as the 'enemies of society who need to learn some proper values' whereas people shovelling money into overseas accounts to avoid tax are all 'wealth-creators who should be left alone to get on with it'.

Having said that I'm not adverse to the the system being looked at and tightened up where appropriate, but food stamps is not the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here