Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carrier bags

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Always take food for my kids, as one has allergies and other doesn't like what's available.

Food carrier bag was refused the other week (had to hand it in), whilst clear club shop bag was allowed. Them's the rules.

So we now take the food in the clear club shop bag each week... :LOL:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bags can be no bigger than A4 size, and the club shop ones are clear. The rules have been in place for over two years.
Doesn’t really matter how long a stupid rule has been in place, it is still a stupid rule. A4 FFS.
Just a way to limit what people carry and make them spend more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No carrier bags…….????…….. And I thought it was all going so well today….

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Doesn’t really matter how long a stupid rule has been in place, it is still a stupid rule. A4 FFS.
How does that work then? Surely if they wanted people to spend more, they would need bigger bags to carry all the stuff they bought?

Dec 29, 2011
Exactly this. If you're coming from afar a backpack is very necessary to carry food, water, keys, phone, wallet, jumpers, gloves etc. It's very inconvenient not being allowed to take a bag and and something that a quick bag check would solve.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, this thread, of nothing else, has shown why I don't come to watch my Albion any more. Don't have a smart phone, don't have loyalty points, don't have this that or t'other. If we drop down a division again I'll go back to watching Brighton away at gounds nearer to me, where I can just turn up at the ticket office and ask politely if they have any spare seats, not in either end, but just somewhere from where I can watch.
Never failed - and then play it by ear whether to enter into conversation with the fans around you whether to own up to being a Brighton fan (usually fine) or whether tho just sit on your hands and keep quiet (Birmingham City and the Bristol clubs for example).
Sadly will probably never watch the Albion at home ever again - but then again, I don't think I'm the sort of 'customer' that Barbs wants. POTG? - should be hung, drawn and quartered? - maybe not, but certainly not allowed in! Geez - if I use my credit card he might not even know my bank details, phone number, address, etc...... shock horror!
What's the next ban, I wonder? Walking sticks? Put it on the bonfire over there, sir...........

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My daughter got turned away carrying her rucksack a few games ago, no big deal as we were early and had time to go back and put it in the car. But she was a pissed off when some went past her in WSU carrying a larger one then the she had been not allowed. Not with the person with the bigger bag just the inconsistency of the rules.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I blame Peter James myself.

Edit: oh no that was a camera.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just get a small backpack if you really need one 🤷🏻‍♂️ see plenty of them and man bags around WSU

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well, this thread, of nothing else, has shown why I don't come to watch my Albion any more. Don't have a smart phone, don't have loyalty points, don't have this that or t'other. If we drop down a division again I'll go back to watching Brighton away at gounds nearer to me, where I can just turn up at the ticket office and ask politely if they have any spare seats, not in either end, but just somewhere from where I can watch.
Never failed - and then play it by ear whether to enter into conversation with the fans around you whether to own up to being a Brighton fan (usually fine) or whether tho just sit on your hands and keep quiet (Birmingham City and the Bristol clubs for example).
Sadly will probably never watch the Albion at home ever again - but then again, I don't think I'm the sort of 'customer' that Barbs wants. POTG? - should be hung, drawn and quartered? - maybe not, but certainly not allowed in! Geez - if I use my credit card he might not even know my bank details, phone number, address, etc...... shock horror!
What's the next ban, I wonder? Walking sticks? Put it on the bonfire over there, sir...........

🤣

And the other dozens of threads about how well we're doing doesn't make you want to go?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
🤣

And the other dozens of threads about how well we're doing doesn't make you want to go?
Yes, I'd love to go if I could just turn up and pay, without all the faff and bother, although health and distance make it unlikely that I would anyway these days. It's Johnny and Warren on the radio for me, plus highlights, and enjoying the chat on here.
Plus the JP trophy is a potential god-send, or away draws in the early rounds of the League Cup, if they result in an Albion visit to a ground nearer to me than the Amex (when I do just turn up, if I'm feeling well enough on the day, and pay when I get there).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here