Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carp Fishing

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
You can't fish that side mate...that's Ouse Angling. I suppose you could try a 2oz lead cast over there but the water still thunders up through the stream too. Ive been told the best way to fish that area is to fish the tide on its way out or on tides lower that 5.5m

Pretty sure Hassocks still has the side opposite?

I thought I was being revolutionary using luncheon meat last time I fished there. Then again I had no idea what a hair rig might be, I preferred main line to an Arlesey bomb. Richard Walker a legend.

Jan 30, 2008
You can't fish that side mate...that's Ouse Angling. I suppose you could try a 2oz lead cast over there but the water still thunders up through the stream too. Ive been told the best way to fish that area is to fish the tide on its way out or on tides lower that 5.5m
Lewes town centre stretch has produced some big carp :whistle:had one of 8lb trotting maggot on the "stick" the year after the Lewes floods opposite tesco :wink:
regards
DR

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Currently fishing the top pool at spring wood with Tay had some nice carp on the waggler to 12lb Tay has had one of 14 on floating dog biscuits . Going to try beech pool tomorrow for a catfish where a 61lber came out last sunday apparently .

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
To be honest mate I'm happy to catch any kind/Size of fish but I do like to have the possibility of catching a 20 or a 30lb.

I may well have to give this guy a call. They have a no publicity rule for the internet I think as I cant find much info at all other than what you have given (which is very helpful, thanks)

One last question, WHat's the rules on night fishing? Is it allowed?

Cheers

Chez go visit Percys in Lewes or M A Wickham East Grinstead for tickets and info
think polegate may sell them too

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Spring wood near wadhurst , report , early morning late evening spectacular action , forget 10am-7pm in this heat all sunbathing apart from some decent Tench to 5lb now and then , no Catfish for me but saw 5 come out to 39lb over the 3 days i was there , Jans reported 61lber was infact 71lb taken on a 8mm bolie meant for carp :eek:.

Some stunning grass carp in the long pool and some old girl wooden rod and center pin reel had a beauty out of 22lb on floating biscuit .

A very nice complex and accomodation nice clean and practical , will probably go again when less hot as there were some seriously huge sunbathing humpbacks cruising around the main pool .

Try and upload some pix if i can figure out how to do it from my phone .

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Oil rig platform Jevs is a reference to the seat boxs the match fisherman tend to use
When all the attachments are added to a basic seat box it then resembles an ORP:)

Nov 27, 2009
Passeys pond Steyning, are bringing up 40lb mirror carp the last month, some good night fishing, but getting quite busy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here