Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
IMG_9650.jpeg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Cameroon haven’t even qualified yet. They are heavy favourites though in what is effectively a play off game at home to Burundi in September. They do have to win or have a high scoring draw to go through though.

He’s got to play himself into contention first. He’s never made a squad, he was in the preliminary squad for the AFCON qualifiers against Namibia but didn’t make the final squad. He’s not in the squad for next months game against Burundi.
They will get through - helped by Onana being back in now too.

If Baleba does ok for us between now and then, he will be in the squad.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Good news but one slight downer - we’ll probably lose him for some games in January/February to AFCON.
Does he also qualify for France? Wikipedia says he was born in Paris and grew up there, other sites say he was born in Douala, so I'm not sure which is correct.

He wasn't picked in the Cameroon squad that was just named for their upcoming qualifiers, so next year's afcon may come too soon for him.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Does he also qualify for France? Wikipedia says he was born in Paris and grew up there, other sites say he was born in Douala, so I'm not sure which is correct.

He wasn't picked in the Cameroon squad that was just named for their upcoming qualifiers, so next year's afcon may come too soon for him.
Let’s hope he isn’t picked for Afcon. He’s more use to us here.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Wierdly in the side profile on Wiki it says he was born in Douala and in the write up, it says Paris. Everywhere else says Douala and the write up on Wiki expands to say he "joined the École de Football des Brasseries du Cameroun academy center at the age of 13" so it was Cameroon.

If he performs in the PL between now and then he'll be fast tracked into the squad. Cameroon are not blessed with an abundance of talent at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jul 7, 2003
What was his prize?
Usually another weeks holiday.

I won a kids talent contest many years ago at some holiday camp and won my family a weeks holiday in Seaton, Devon in October. A real wet and miserable place at the end of the holiday season with everything around closed up already. Not sure my parents really appreciated my win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jimmy Grimble

Let’s hope he isn’t picked for Afcon. He’s more use to us here.
If he doesn’t get picked for it would that not be more worrying?

If he gets picked it’ll likely be because he’s slotted into PL football seamlessly. Surely gotta be better for us than if he can’t get into a fairly average Cameroon squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports