Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In other news, Carlos Baleba has just requested to follow my 17-year-old daughter on Instagram.

I'll set another place at the Xmas dinner table, I think.
My first thought was that sounds horribly WRONG or CREEPY. Then I remembered that the boy is only 19 himself, to be fair!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My mate subscribes to that Chelsea Doris' Only Fans channel and he reckons comparing WBG with Ali Mac - with long, drawn out and boring arguments - is SHITEHOUSE.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We are very lucky to have a manager who works so creatively with what he has. I think he was ready to lose Mac in the summer but was hoping (as were Tony, PBOBE and us) to still have Caicedo. We’ve had managers in the past who’d have just thrown their toys out of but he’s found ways of developing the players and perming what he has to find solutions. I suspect based on his comments about ‘aligned targets’ he’d also like one or two more options though…

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No offence intended to either of you, but this is a REALLY stupid argument, given that Alexis MacAllister very obviously played BOTH of the different roles you are describing, in various games.
Spot on. He played as a DCM at times but more latterly he played in the number 10 role which is what he seemed to prefer. I thought that when he played the double pivot with Caicedo we probably had the best midfield partnership we’ve ever had.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just shared this on another thread but thought it worth putting here to.

IMG_20231210_092148.jpg

(all stats per 90 in the PL this season)

In other news, Carlos Baleba has just requested to follow my 17-year-old daughter on Instagram.

I'll set another place at the Xmas dinner table, I think.
I wouldn’t get Cilla’s ghost involved just yet as he’s also DM sliding with a girl in my son’s class. He definitely wants a Brighton girlfriend is his opening gambit. Good luck to the lucky girl or girls

Jimmy Grimble

Surely we can expect to see him start on Saturday? Very limited involvement in our last 7 matches (approximately 90 minutes, including only 1 start).

Put him in defensive midfield and give one of Gross/Gilmour a rest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely we can expect to see him start on Saturday? Very limited involvement in our last 7 matches (approximately 90 minutes, including only 1 start).

Put him in defensive midfield and give one of Gross/Gilmour a rest.
Maybe but we have enough evidence now to know RDZ won't play a weakened team.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Maybe but we have enough evidence now to know RDZ won't play a weakened team.
I agree, the team will be as strong as he can put out. After the semi-final disappointment last season I think both RDZ and the players will see the FA Cup as a real opportunity not only to make history with the club's first ever major trophy but also another chance to qualify for Europe.

I am expecting a strong team that will make this tie very seriously indeed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree, the team will be as strong as he can put out. After the semi-final disappointment last season I think both RDZ and the players will see the FA Cup as a real opportunity not only to make history with the club's first ever major trophy but also another chance to qualify for Europe.

I am expecting a strong team that will make this tie very seriously indeed.
Yeah me too, I just don't see it as an 'x hasn't played its only the cup' situation.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Considering what we paid for him strange he has not had more playing time. Hope DeZerbi agreed with the signing. Had so few minutes hard to make a judgement. Looked great with winning ball and making forward runs on his debut

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
We have got an important league game three days later. I think there will be a little more rotation than usual going on.
Yes agree, the rotation will start again, with the proviso that obviously some players are missing through injury or international duty.
I expect a relatively strong side but can see Beleba play in Midfield with Gross. Perhaps Moder will play instead of Milner or Hinshelwood and Fergie start upfront as he did against Stoke.

Also, do we know if Pervis is fit? He was substuted before the end on Monday and seemed to be limping a bit (thigh?)

Stumpy Tim

Considering what we paid for him strange he has not had more playing time. Hope DeZerbi agreed with the signing. Had so few minutes hard to make a judgement. Looked great with winning ball and making forward runs on his debut
He's 19... very few 19 years olds are ready immediately. He'll be quality in a year or two, I'm sure of that

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He's 19... very few 19 years olds are ready immediately. He'll be quality in a year or two, I'm sure of that
Yes, we've already seen some flashes of brilliance from him. He also has the physical attributes to succeed in DM, good in the tackle, fast, strong and can pass.

He needs to improve his reading of the game in the context of RDZ's demanding tactics, stop getting caught out of position so often, and learn when not to lunge in and foul people. This can all be learned. He'll be a monster in a few years.

He's more Bissouma than Caicedo for sure.

Jimmy Grimble

Yeah me too, I just don't see it as an 'x hasn't played its only the cup' situation.
Neither do I, but 3 games in 7 days means it is a ‘rotate wisely so no one’s burnt out by the third match’ situation.
Yes, we've already seen some flashes of brilliance from him. He also has the physical attributes to succeed in DM, good in the tackle, fast, strong and can pass.

He needs to improve his reading of the game in the context of RDZ's demanding tactics, stop getting caught out of position so often, and learn when not to lunge in and foul people. This can all be learned. He'll be a monster in a few years.

He's more Bissouma than Caicedo for sure.
Yep, it’s all technical/tactical stuff with him as he is the only centre midfielder we have with the physical attributes required for a defensive midfield role.

I think he’s likely to feature on Saturday as RDZ will have had a week with him on the training ground to try and convey his tactical message for the match. The Luton and Palace games have less preparation time so RDZ will want players who immediately know the system requirements - Gross and Gilmour.

That has reminded me how frustrated RDZ used to get with Gilmour for not doing what he expected him to do. Billy’s obviously improved his tactical awareness, we really could do with Baleba doing the same!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here