Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth to Barcelona

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Whether or not there is any likelihood of the transfer taking place, it certainly represents a raising of profile for young Carl .... who is usually last on the Albion loan player round up on the club website.

Maybe next week he'll be top

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Someone must have seen Worthing play this season. How's he played? (OK I realise that if he'd been terrible, the Barca £4m bid story may not have happened)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Someone must have seen Worthing play this season. How's he played? (OK I realise that if he'd been terrible, the Barca £4m bid story may not have happened)

I've seen a couple of Worthing home games this season and to be honest they are so good going forward that the keeper doesn't have a lot to do. Perhaps Barca are planning a cheeky bid for the whole Worthing team given their current dip in form in Spain!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or not ............. maybe his personal value won't increase - didn't we think similar things about Walton a few years ago? He seems to have found his level now - he's a more than decent Championship/League 1 GK, but no huge money-spinner.

I can't be the only one on here shirley that's baffled by the club's treatment of Christian Walton. Poor lad's bizarrely been touted around on loan since 2013. I mean, what GIVES? ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't be the only one on here shirley that's baffled by the club's treatment of Christian Walton. Poor lad's bizarrely been touted around on loan since 2013. I mean, what GIVES? ???

Only one place available for a goalkeeper in the team so it's harder for them to break through. Personally, I don't think he's going to improve by being our number 2 next season so I think it's time to cash in and let the next generation of our stable of goalkeepers get out on loan to see various parts of the country before being sold to a permanent home, eventually. Not a bad life, so long as they don't end up being sold to live in Blackburn.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

They're storming the league and if promoted it will be the highest level they've ever played at (I think)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only one place available for a goalkeeper in the team so it's harder for them to break through. Personally, I don't think he's going to improve by being our number 2 next season so I think it's time to cash in and let the next generation of our stable of goalkeepers get out on loan to see various parts of the country before being sold to a permanent home, eventually. Not a bad life, so long as they don't end up being sold to live in Blackburn.

Completely agree,

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll drive him there myself.

Will you be using Dover / Calais and driving down through France. I personally would take the Ferry to Santander, a lovely trip and drive down alongside the Pyrenees. Epic.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But then you're missing out on the Milau bridge?

I've done that route myself, and the traffic jams were horrendous. You have a valid point though. Perhaps Ferry down, drive back?

Actually looking on Via Michelin, an alternative route is via Toulouse, over the Pyrenees via Andorra. Could stop off for some skiing on the way back?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Watched hima dozen times or so this season, for such a young guy he seems to have a mature approach. Bosses the goalmouth well, comes for corners and wins them. Blocks shots and makes the occasional Hollywood save. Distribution is sometimes excellent and sometimes shocking. Good luck to him, he’d be missed immensely at Worthing, but I think they also have another BHA loanee keeper Roco Rees, available to them as Carl was injured at the beginning of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Coincidence that Messi has just criticised the Barcelona board and now they're looking at one of our players?

Could be a decent swap deal. Not sure if he'd fit in our system but could be a decent player for the dressing room.

Too short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here