Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardinal Newman School

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just finished year 11 there and staying on for sixth form. Yes mrs 'spitfire' jones is still ever present - our dt class a few years ago managed to lock her in the cupboard for a whole lesson - good times!

Shes been locked in that cupboard more times than Mr Grant had been up Miss Howells.

Sixth Form is shit though, should of gone to BHASVIC that is where the birds are.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Shes been locked in that cupboard more times than Mr Grant had been up Miss Howells.

Sixth Form is shit though, should of gone to BHASVIC that is where the birds are.

Unfortunately I never had the 'pleasure' of meeting ms Howells.

Stayed at Newman because most of the people I know did plus the subjects I have taken are well taught eg. History, economics. When were you at Newman?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
One summer night me and a mate liberated a rose bush from a local garden near Newman. Planted it in the middle of the football pitch, overlooking where the teachers would see it while parking their cars. Put a school yard bench next to it and a piece of cardboard torn of a box and driven into the ground written in permanent marker it read "Dedicated to Mr Oakhill from all the students and teachers at Cardinal Newman." He was retiring and was a tosser. Because the football season had stopped it stayed their for about a month and you could often see teachers reading it confusion.

One summer night me and a mate liberated a rose bush from a local garden near Newman. Planted it in the middle of the football pitch, overlooking where the teachers would see it while parking their cars. Put a school yard bench next to it and a piece of cardboard torn of a box and driven into the ground written in permanent marker it read "Dedicated to Mr Oakhill from all the students and teachers at Cardinal Newman." He was retiring and was a tosser. Because the football season had stopped it stayed their for about a month and you could often see teachers reading it confusion.

Oakhill's breath stank!

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
- is Mr Stephens still there,

Probably. Bet he still collects football stickers too! What about Mr Holmwood? He used to get plenty of stick but was actually a very funny bloke.

I left 6th Form in '03. Chris Jones was my favourite teacher. The bloke is a legend.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Now was that the first or second time it was called off?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/1262199.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/1292382.stm
I can't remember if I went both times, I think it was just the second game on the Tuesday night.

Still have the photo of us in the Scoreboard End at Old Trafford with you with the foam hands on!

It was the Tuesday game.
Love that photo at Old Trafford. We should do it again sometime. Maybe next season in the Premiership.

Maths teachers for me were Mr. Powell, Miss Johnson and Mr Hind. Couldn't stand Johnson, but Powell and Hind were a good laugh (might have joked around too much in Powell's lessons, but as a plastic Man U fan, he deserved it).

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I went for the last year of De la Salle, and then CN from 71-75 when I left aged 16.

I hated every minute of it, I hated the teachers and they hated me. However, I got on very well with Mr O'Sullivan, because I was the Sporty type. At that time it was also a very violent place. In my year were Kevin Foreman, Neil Foster, Jan Asigno. Must also say, that the girls in our year were exceptionally nice. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here