Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff vs Palace

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
And he's been relegated from top flight three times now... It's a no from me.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I'm a Brighton supporter. I hate Palarse. We could stay up without needing to cheer for our rival. Dumbfounded and slightly sickened by the Palarse love in.

No Brighton fan I know would rather see Palace lose than Albion stay in the Premier League.
You're an imposter.
Go back to your own team's board.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They will be able to do that at more progressive clubs

So?

A million pounds is a million pounds, wherever it comes from. It's not the case that every player can just decide were he would like to become a millionaire, and that club will then just employ him.
Besides, Brighton is a very progressive club.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
They did us a favour, intentional or not, just suck it up. We took 6 points off them so we’ve got the bragging rights. What would you rather, that Cardiff beat Palace with the possibility that they then turn over Man Utd and we have to sweat it out for another week OR that we can now relax and look forward to Premier League football next season? This is a scenario where beggars can’t be choosers. :shrug:

Take it and move on....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big decisions for the chairman start Monday week, should he stay or should he go

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
3 seasons in The Premier League.
Surely we can now splash out a bit to give us that extra quality we need next season.

Maybe I'm wrong, But I think TB and the board have set an impossible task, in proving they can sustain premier league status by paying a slightly lower then average wage bill.
Which guarantees only lower league English football league players. Or foreign players, playing in leagues that don't come anywhere the quality of the premier league.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unlucky Cardiff. They've not spent too much this season which should allow them to keep the majority of their squad. They'll be back'

Oh and WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would take Warnock as manager to be honest. I would stake my years wages he would of done better with the budget we have had.

Putting aside the fact that you are suggesting trading in one of the most honourable, honest and decent men in football, for someone who has a career long reputation for moaning, gamesmanship, idiotic media statements and long ball football, you are also suggesting swapping someone who has never been relegated from the top division for someone who has never managed to stay up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Putting aside the fact that you are suggesting trading in one of the most honourable, honest and decent men in football, for someone who has a career long reputation for moaning, gamesmanship, idiotic media statements and long ball football, you are also suggesting swapping someone who has never been relegated from the top division for someone who has never managed to stay up.
It's ok, he's probably only betting about £150. The moron.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Cheers for the nine points.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

He left Norwich just before they got relegated though. That said, whilst I want to see a change, I don't want to see Warnock come in although I think Warnock has only one premier league relegation and that was under dubious circumstances when WHU got away with murder.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With our track record of mentally getting an early flight, I really fear for how many goals we may leak in the next two games.

Of course I really really hope I’m wrong but our track record once our status is confirmed has been absolutely shit in the last two seasons :down:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
He left Norwich just before they got relegated though. That said, whilst I want to see a change, I don't want to see Warnock come in although I think Warnock has only one premier league relegation and that was under dubious circumstances when WHU got away with murder.

Norwich sacked Hughton when they were 4th from bottom. With 5 games to go they were 5 points ahead of Fulham who were 3rd from bottom at the time. Perhaps if Norwich hadn’t panicked and brought in .... Neil Adams.... they might have stayed up.

Warnock’s excellent PL record includes relegation with Notts County, Sheffield Utd and Cardiff. One season wonders all. Plus PL sackings by Palace (after 4 months?) and Qpr

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think Warnock has only one premier league relegation and that was under dubious circumstances when WHU got away with murder.

5 seasons started in the top flight:

Notts County - Relegated
Sheff Utd - Relegated
QPR- Sacked when in 17th
Palace - Sacked when in bottom three
Cardiff - Relegated

Compared with Chris Hughton:

Newcastle - Sacked when 11th
Norwich - finished 11th
Norwich - Sacked when 17th
Brighton - finished 15th
Brighton - Will probably finish 17th

You said that he would have done better with Hughton's budget. I would argue that the budgets he had at both Palace and QPR were, in relation to the competition at that time, higher then Hughton's at Brighton this season. Warnock's best result was being one place outside of the bottom three when he was sacked by the eventually relegated QPR. That levels Hughton's worst when sacked by the eventually relegated Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here