Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff v Chelsea - posives and negatives

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A tad harsh perhaps. I know Warnock is a Marmite manager, love him or hate him, but l can see why he is so popular with Cardiff fans, if anyone can keep them up it will be him.

Players want to play for him and he has been getting the best from some very average players. They will be infuriating competetive niggly ********s when we play them and I would not be surprised if they beat us if we play like we did yesterday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Players want to play for him and he has been getting the best from some very average players. They will be infuriating competetive niggly ********s when we play them and I would not be surprised if they beat us if we play like we did yesterday.

Nor me, and who can blame them if they do play that way? Staying in the Premier League really is that important.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A tad harsh perhaps. I know Warnock is a Marmite manager, love him or hate him, but l can see why he is so popular with Cardiff fans, if anyone can keep them up it will be him.

I’m in the Marmite Hate Him camp. Never liked his bad loser antics, thuggery from some of his teams, hatred towards other managers in his time, cheating/gamesmanship, the functional style of play wherever he is. I don’t give a monkey’s about his perceived passion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First game for me was the Cardiff home game during the last season at the Goldstone, where as a 14 year old was attacked by a Cardiff fan for simply laughing at a lamb related reference given on the way out.

As far as I’m concerned this decision was for me.

Horrible club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff are a very poor side this season, and have over-achieved getting the points they have.

The fact that we are relying on them to save our own skin is increasingly leaving me very uncomfortable about our own season.

We shouldn't be anywhere near where we are. Big signings haven't delivered, the squad hasnt been strong enough to cope with injuries, we have chucked points away and lost to poor teams.

If we get away with it I expect Bloom, Barber and Hughton to recognise this, be all over recruitment in the summer, and kick on as we should have this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m in the Marmite Hate Him camp. Never liked his bad loser antics, thuggery from some of his teams, hatred towards other managers in his time, cheating/gamesmanship, the functional style of play wherever he is. I don’t give a monkey’s about his perceived passion.

All that may well be true, but the most important thing, the only impotant thing at the end of the day for the teams that he manages, is that he is successful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All that may well be true, but the most important thing, the only impotant thing at the end of the day for the teams that he manages, is that he is successful.

Having some class and manners still counts for something. It would be a poorer game if every football manager and coach acted the way Warnock has so often in his career.

He admits that if Cardiff lose, he stays in his office, until the opposing management team have headed home. British background managers normally have a chat and a drink, but not old Warnock.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Cardiff are a very poor side this season, and have over-achieved getting the points they have.

The fact that we are relying on them to save our own skin is increasingly leaving me very uncomfortable about our own season.

We shouldn't be anywhere near where we are. Big signings haven't delivered, the squad hasnt been strong enough to cope with injuries, we have chucked points away and lost to poor teams.

If we get away with it I expect Bloom, Barber and Hughton to recognise this, be all over recruitment in the summer, and kick on as we should have this season.

I agree with everything here. We are still basically the Championship team that got promoted. Three very very poor teams below us have saved us, that is if we do get away with it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Exactly, I will have no problem in us being the world’s most negative team again on Wednesday because I understand why we’d play like that away at Chelsea. Tactics were absolute shit against Saints at the Amex though and I didn’t and don’t understand why we played like that.

What is this " tactics" of which you speak?

Do we have such things?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t know if it was tactics. On the touchline and post match, CH was noticably annoyed/perplexed with the game execution of his players for 65 minutes.

So they had a plan before the game.
Gesticulations through the first half.
A half time team talking too.

and we still had to wait 20 minutes before anything changed, at the usual time. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chelsea will look like Brazil '70 against us. Because we will sit back.

Sit back, you say???.....yes let me ponder I on that and completely get back to you....agree

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Totally agree but worry about recruitment. After last summer's blitz in money that has been inadequately returned on field, where are going to spend? Where are the potential gaps in 25 that can be filled with HGP rules? Think some will have to shuffled out but that may be easier said than done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
After today I cannot see which 2 games Cardiff will win to overtake us especially if we can avoid defeat against them.

On our recent home performances, they are likely to beat us and then they will really be up for their away game to Fulham. Their penultimate game is against Palace and they won't be too disappointed to see us go down. That's nine points so we would need 4 from our other games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On our recent home performances, they are likely to beat us and then they will really be up for their away game to Fulham. Their penultimate game is against Palace and they won't be too disappointed to see us go down. That's nine points so we would need 4 from our other games.

I did say if we avoid losing to them.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think we may get a shock result against one of the big guns, (semi final aside) more likely against Chelsea or Spurs. Call me insane but who thought we would confirm survival by beating United last season?

There's always shock results in the end of season showdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here