Cardiff increase capacity - oh dear!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cardiff really are stand-wankers

obj22198150

Stealing my joke without even quoting me, that's very poor NSC etiquette Sim, I expect better from you.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Seville put on a plane for 300 of their Britie Norte firm at their clubs expense for the match in Cardiff. I assume that these are ultras?. Never heard of Britie Norte before.

It doesn't take many to create an atmosphere as Seville proved, maybe the whole North Stand could do something similar :)

[yt]z46Wc3V8lo4[/yt]

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Seems a large capacity for cardiff....If they have a bad season it will look stupid...They averaged 22,999 when they got promoted.:lolol:

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Seems a large capacity for cardiff....If they have a bad season it will look stupid...They averaged 22,999 when they got promoted.:lolol:

That's true for most teams, you think Brighton will keep up the attendances for long if you don't go up?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
By the looks of it, that new upper tier is not as long as the touchline. This probably means that if you are sat in the seats in the extreme back rows/top corners that you will not be able to see the goalmouth at your end of the pitch, because you will be looking through all the top tier supporting steelwork. Check the picture, looks like many of these seats will be like those in the top tier at Wolves, where the important bits are not visible!!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

Pretty sure the long term expansion plan is to create a second tier of red seats around the whole stadium... Which Cardiff will NEVER fill! The owner is deluded and barking mad... But we already knew that...

latcher

Jun 29, 2011
By the looks of it, that new upper tier is not as long as the touchline. This probably means that if you are sat in the seats in the extreme back rows/top corners that you will not be able to see the goalmouth at your end of the pitch, because you will be looking through all the top tier supporting steelwork. Check the picture, looks like many of these seats will be like those in the top tier at Wolves, where the important bits are not visible!!!!

Not true - all of the seats in the new stand have unobscured views. I can understand why you might think that they may have some which are obscured... many of us Cardiff fans thought the same too when we saw the first images of it, however, in a recent friendly game and the European Super Cup Final, it was proven that the entire length of the pitch can be seen from whichever seat you choose.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's true for most teams, you think Brighton will keep up the attendances for long if you don't go up?
We'll have good crowds and may drop to 20k if things get pretty bad,but would suspect cardiff would get less if they hit troubled times as we had fair bigger averages than them while in a new stadium,4/5k more.

Time will tell though :)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I agree it looks a bit crap but its worth remembering it was built at a fraction of the cost of the Amex so is unlikely to win any design awards.

Also with regards to filling it, perhaps 38k is a little over ambitious but many, including myself felt 22k was a touch on the large side for the Amex and now were playing in front of crowds of 25-30k. I'd suggest Cardiff have much more potential to fill a large stadium than most other clubs of a similar stature.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd say Cardiff and Brighton have been incredibly similar clubs over the past 25 years - our trajectories have been remarkably similar in that time. Both clubs are now firmly established in the Championship, elbowing out traditional powerhouses at this level, as Reading did the decade before, and both clubs have fairly big, dormant support who are perhaps less passionate than the 5,000-12,000 people seen regularly in years gone by.

But the two big differences between the clubs are that 1) their new ground looks cheap and absolute shite and 2) they have a complete madman in charge whereas ours is absolutely stunning and Tony Bloom is one of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here