Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No reason why we can't do really well tonight. Cardiff are on a poor run themselves and I'm putting our result at Blackpool (a game we dominated) down to their ploughed field of a pitch and the new manager bounce that Forest got on Saturday (another game we dominated). Hughton will have the lads bang up for this, and Cardiff will start looking over their shoulder.

Cardiff 1-4 Brighton (Noone; O'Grady, Dunk, Kayalx2)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kayal to start please. He looked SPECIAL in the very short time he got against Forest.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They also seem to be predicting that Cardiff will play in Red, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Translated
Match Forecast
If Brighton fail to dominate possession will get stuffed
Brighton will go behind
Brighton will only score as a result of individual skill (other side will not make mistakes)
Brighton will steal the ball from the opposition often (and them promptly give it back?)
Cardiff will score from a wingplay situation
* Match forecast is generated from clashes in team characteristics.
Brighton will get high passing accuracy by tapping around in their own half
Brighton have a tendency to let in soft goals much too frequently

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830324/Preview
They also seem to be predicting that Cardiff will play in Red, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Being unduly pessimistic for some reason.

Positives:
Against Forest the duo of Holla and Ince had more possession that all four of the Forest midfielders.
Bruno is so good at right back that Cardiff will play on the right.

The pattern all season has been going behind and striving for an equaliser getting caught out.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

Cardiff have a poor record for passing and possession this season.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kayal to start please. He looked SPECIAL in the very short time he got against Forest.

Many fans had already gone home and missed it. Even when two goals down I thought we had a good chance.

I don't know how Kayal's second shot on target didn't go in. It was a miracle clearance, the like I cannot remember anything luckier. Forest game was a travesty result.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Tonight and Saturday are hugely important for the season, especially with Millwall playing Leeds on Saturday.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fever Pitch

YOUR VOTE

What the result be when Albion visit Cardiff tonight? - vote here
Albion will get their fourth victory on the road:
The Argus: Blue bar used for ballot results 33%
Relegation fears will increase with defeat:
The Argus: Yellow bar used for ballot results 37%
It will be a score draw:
The Argus: Purple bar used for ballot results 21%
No goals, it will be a stalemate:
The Argus: Green bar used for ballot results 9%

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/117...e_when_Albion_visit_Cardiff_tonight_/?ref=mac

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Battling to avoid the third relegation place: Millwall, Brighton, Rotherham, Charlton

Birmingham v Millwall
19:45
Blackburn v Rotherham

Reading v Leeds
20:00

Cardiff v Brighton
Charlton v Norwich

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Cardiff 1-2 Albion

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Back in history
2011/12

2012/13

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4 pts from every 3 matches will be safe. As se have lost against Forest, now it is 4 pts from Cardiff and Sheff Wed away. I would like us to win at Hillsborough for the first time, so I might have to accept a draw for this one. Winnable game.

A fraction of an eye open to see what happens at Bournemouth v Derby, to see if QPR can extend their losing streak at Sunderland, as well as the matches involving Millwall, Charlton, Leeds and Rotherham. I declined to put a bet on Hull v Villa for 0-0.

I think it will be a night of goals all around. A few surprises. I hope not too many go in the back of our net.

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We seem to do v.well in Cardiff over the last few seasons on a Tuesday night, so hopefully we can continue that good form tonight! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports