Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Stockdale; Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Ince, Bruno, Kayal, Teixeira, Forster-Caskey; Best.

#BHAFC subs v Cardiff: Walton (GK), Halford, Stephens, LuaLua, O’Grady, Mackail-Smith.

interesting line up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Sami had started that line up he'd be getting so much abuse already.

I hope this pays off, but 0-0 has to be a decent bet.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
[TWEET]565221112284737536[/TWEET]

Hughes was missing from the original tweeted subs bench.

maybe they think Mackail-Smith is/are two people :lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Only 2 attacking players starting so we won't score tonight then. Norwich fans did warn us about Hughton's negative tactics.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Only 2 attacking players starting so we won't score tonight then. Norwich fans did warn us about Hughton's negative tactics.

We havent even kicked off yet - Jesus Christ :facepalm:

The bench is rather strong tonight anyway, the later the game gets (if it isnt out of sight already), then the more of an advantage that becomes. JFC also plays as Stephens, who would have gone into that position, cant last the entire game and there is no alternative.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't Holla deserves to be dropped and I don't think it is tactically very good either. Astounded.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
No free WiFi here and Caskey in the starting 11. No points then and is Sami picking the side? Best? Dear oh bloody dear.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hugh Ton is rotating given the number of games this month, accentuated by the injury situation -- March out, Baldock out, KLL just back from injury -- so I'm not terribly surprised by the selection today. There's no explanation from The Argus about Holla's absence. We'll see how it goes, but it looks as though he's gone for a solid, defensive line-up, with Bruno and Tex there to pick a pass to exploit Best's pace on the break.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Guessing you didn't see Kayal on Saturday then? He had about 6 touches, of which one was a goal, one should've been a goal bar a great goal line clearance, and one a SUBLIME first touch that no one in our current squad would be capable of. Bruno and Calde are hardly defensive players either?!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We havent even kicked off yet - Jesus Christ :facepalm:

The bench is rather strong tonight anyway, the later the game gets (if it isnt out of sight already), then the more of an advantage that becomes. JFC also plays as Stephens, who would have gone into that position, cant last the entire game and there is no alternative.

I can understand the thinking but just hope it doesn't invite pressure onto us. I would have liked to see some pace in the side but with Lua Lua not 100% and March injured Hughton doesn't really have any options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here