Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got 4 strikers and play one normally....why get another and waste more money?

It's not wasting money to get a much better striker in for 28 days, to get some valuable points from a group of winnable games. In fact it could save us a fortune if it keeps us up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can we sign a loan player for 28 days or must it be 93 day emergency loan. I must say that TB has served us well getting The Amex but let us down badly this season for whatever reason.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can we sign a loan player for 28 days or must it be 93 day emergency loan. I must say that TB has served us well getting The Amex but let us down badly this season for whatever reason.

Did he? The football budget increased but the people making the player decisions signed a load of dross.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck to Barber trying to shift 25000 season tickets to watch this shower next season whatever league we end up in

You stuck on an extra zero by mistake Ernest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree, its not a winger that the club say they are looking for. What we need is a potent goalscorer. At this stage of the season, if your centre back is your highest scorer then you know somethings wrong. Colunga , Baldock, CMS, O'Grady, Best and Bent have not hit double figures in the league between them. No wonder we are where we are in the league. Now these are not bad players, so you have to look at tactics and the lack of chances created. Maybe any striker would have a problem scoring in our system. Surely we must try two up front at home. I also think we will create more with a midfield of Ince, Kayal, and Stevens.
To be fair, Bent scored two in four, I think.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We're not down yet, need 7 wins with big matches v Leeds, Rotherham, and Millwall to come.

Now is the time to get the wins

Away v Sheffield
Home v Birmingham
Home v Leeds
Away v Bolton

Tony would be wise to get the best striker he can in on a 28 day loan and really go for the points in the next 4 fixtures.

Agree, its not a winger that the club say they are looking for. What we need is a potent goalscorer. At this stage of the season, if your centre back is your highest scorer then you know somethings wrong. Colunga , Baldock, CMS, O'Grady, Best and Bent have not hit double figures in the league between them. No wonder we are where we are in the league. Now these are not bad players, so you have to look at tactics and the lack of chances created. Maybe any striker would have a problem scoring in our system. Surely we must try two up front at home. I also think we will create more with a midfield of Ince, Kayal, and Stevens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did he? The football budget increased but the people making the player decisions signed a load of dross.

Does he if not personally, oversee and sanction these signings. He said that we were well ahead of the January window but I am sorry I cant see how. It appears that he blew his money on Gus and is now suffering and trying to claw some back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Time to ditch fannying about trying to play attractive football with 4-5-1 and go 4-4-2 to get us out of this mess. Win ugly like other teams in this league do.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Time to ditch fannying about trying to play attractive football with 4-5-1 and go 4-4-2 to get us out of this mess. Win ugly like other teams in this league do.

Indeed. Time to finally get 3 points at Sheffield Wednesday, it will be like gold to us.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Spot the difference - at Birmingham this year, and tonight.

We were pretty uninspired. Thankfully my city centre hotel is right over a busy traffic junction. Good to know I have a reason to down a bottle of cheap red.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Spot the difference - at Birmingham this year, and tonight.

We were pretty uninspired. Thankfully my city centre hotel is right over a busy traffic junction. Good to know I have a reason to down a bottle of cheap red.

So is ours. Nice Cardiff fans gave us a lift back to the hotel. How things have changed since the Ninian days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports