Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecast

I am going for the favourite 1-1 draw. Optimistic. I've seen enough of Cardiff to think we may need four in midfield. I saw Swansea win 1-0 at Cardiff last season. I thought the two central defenders of Cardiff were excellent against West Ham. The best pair I have seen so far this season. A lot of Cardiff players have changed since last season. Miller and Earnshaw don't need as much room as our defenders gave Billy Sharp when he skied a chance that he would be expected to test Casper. I see us playing deep at times, and other times pressing Cardiff. This might give the illusion that Cardiff are on top when Albion are playing deep. Especially if we play both Bridcutt and Navarro from the start.

Will Gedette start? He might keep Painter occupied.

Ankergren
Calderón Dunk Greer Painter
Navarro Bridcutt
Dicker Sparrow
Mackail-Smith Barnes

Brezovan
Noone
Vincelot (may start instead of Sparrow or Navarro)
Bergkamp ?
Jamie Smith ?

I am putting down as Buckley, Hoskins, Lua lua, El-Abd, Elphink as all injured and all five would be in the starting squad. So we have five players out. It looks like we need two more players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cardiff are missing a few players through injury at centre midfield, hopefully this will allow Dicker and Bridcutt to have an influence on the game.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cardiff are missing a few players through injury at centre midfield, hopefully this will allow Dicker and Bridcutt to have an influence on the game.

I think they just have one player out

Aron Gunnarsson is a doubt for Cardiff after limping out of the 3-1 win over Bristol City at the weekend.

The midfielder underwent a MRI scan on Monday to discover the extent of his ankle injury and Malky Mackay is hopeful he will be fit for Wednesday's game.

Gunnarsson was one of nine summer signings by Mackay after 12 players left following Cardiff's failed play-off campaign last season.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/brighton/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/11/08/16/manual_130747.html&TEAMHD=brighton&BID=366

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Need Glas's cat to be on top form tonight,and kick the Welsh into touch.2-0 Albion win,CMS & Nooooooone:thumbsup:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
This, stuck at work unable to get there tonight. Would be good to get a live stream.

That would be fantastic. Is there any football on tonight that would be perceived as "higher profile" than our game? It seems like an obvious one to televise tbh :shrug:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I would be very happy if we get a draw here. If there is a chance of a miracle promotion this season its at places like Cardiff that we want to pick up points

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Need Glas's cat to be on top form tonight,and kick the Welsh into touch.2-0 Albion win,CMS & Nooooooone:thumbsup:

she will be here for the KO mind you she is welsh but as yet I have not told her she is
my thoughts on this one are that I was thinking last season we might get a draw against Charlton and look what happened there (meggy has just walked into the room) so I am going to go along with your prediction TP
get in there Albion and get stuck in play your flowing football and keep us in the top two(even if it is behind the Scum plenty of time yet to overhaul them)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
3 - 2 Albion

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That would be fantastic. Is there any football on tonight that would be perceived as "higher profile" than our game? It seems like an obvious one to televise tbh :shrug:

Blackpool v Derby
Cardiff v Brighton
Leicester v Bristol C
Millwall v Peterborough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here