Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City sign 3 strikers

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Investment in tin-pot club by Mad. I remember Elm Park.

I personally liked Elm Park. It was just as decent as the crumbling Goldstone, and most definitely better than Withdean. I presume you feel that Brighton were not similarly 'jammy', given that this is how you see such developments?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I personally liked Elm Park. It was just as decent as the crumbling Goldstone, and most definitely better than Withdean. I presume you feel that Brighton were not similarly 'jammy', given that this is how you see such developments?

No. We were NOT jammy. We suffered for years at Gillingham and Withdean, thereby paying our dues. We were and remain a far bigger club than Reading. Your/our ex-manager Coppell said same on leaving us/joining Reading (their fans not best pleased). He was and is 100% correct.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
No. We were NOT jammy. We suffered for years at Gillingham and Withdean, thereby paying our dues. We were and remain a far bigger club than Reading. Your/our ex-manager Coppell said same on leaving us/joining Reading (their fans not best pleased). He was and is 100% correct.

Ah yes, noble Brighton. It's so unfair.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Wtf are you doing on this thread? Is it palace related? No it ****ing isn't, get in your caravan and move on somewhere else.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Ignoring the dull Palace intervention, and getting back to the point of the thread, Grabban is and will possibly remain for the near future a Bournemouth player.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Adam Le Fondre £1million
Macheda-Free
Lewis Grabban- unsure of the price.

3 strikers we would've had a chance to sign quite easily if we had a manager.

OMG, we will never get a manager now ! Not after he sees the magnificent trio that Cardiff have signed. Should be seeing Cardiff at Peacehaven in the next couple of years then. :smile:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yet another illustration of why parachute payments and owners who are happy to spend big are perverse. Cardiff are just taking advantage of the unfair financial set up in the Championship. IMHO if Craig Noone gets fit then he will be their best asset in providing the ammo for their raft of strikers.

We just need to focus on our own position and get the best possible bang for our limited bucks under FFP. We didn't do too badly against the teams with parachute payments and / or silly budgets (Burnley, Leicester, QPR, Reading etc). Also underlines that these sides should not be complacent as there will be some other sides around who are capable of showing them up. Hopefully we will be one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here