Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City sign 3 strikers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aren't Reading in a bit of trouble. I thought the Russian money man had done a runner and Madjeski won't/can't put money into the club

Have no fear, there's a new shady foreign billionaire waiting to step in and save them. Off the top of my head, I think this week's one might be Israeli. Or possibly Turkish. I forget.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Signing strikers doesn't guarantee promotion, look at Forest! They also have the luxury of parachute payments...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have no fear, there's a new shady foreign billionaire waiting to step in and save them. Off the top of my head, I think this week's one might be Israeli. Or possibly Turkish. I forget.

I think an Indian billionaire who wants to develop shops and hotels nearby is also interested. Bound to end well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hope Reading go tits-up. ****ing jammy upstarts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think an Indian billionaire who wants to develop shops and hotels nearby is also interested. Bound to end well.

One of them wants to build a shopping centre on the stadium car park.

Seems like a fine idea. Can't think of anything that could go wrong in the long term.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Also worth reminding re: Grabban is that we didn't sign him because we didn't think he was worth it... Not because we couldn't afford it..big difference.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice. That's sure to end well.

Turns out it's an Israeli billionaire called Teddy Sagi. Looks like a bit of a short, tubby sort who curiously appears to date lots of stunning supermodel type ladies.

Which must be good news for Reading, as that suggests he has a CRACKING personality.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adam Le Fondre £1million
Macheda-Free
Lewis Grabban- unsure of the price.

3 strikers we would've had a chance to sign quite easily if we had a manager.

We'd have had NO CHANCE given our wage structure and Cardiff's parachute payments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also worth reminding re: Grabban is that we didn't sign him because we didn't think he was worth it... Not because we couldn't afford it..big difference.

Did our coach actually have a say in whether he was worth it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jammy in what way?

I was wondering that. They ballsed up their play off chances in the last game of the season. I'm not quite sure how that's jammy. Funny, yes.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Macheda scored 10 goals in 18 games for Brum, a far worse team than yourselves.

Hardly gash of late, is he? Hope he is for Cardiff though, rotten club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't panic, Burke will be monitoring all the crap that no one else wants, to see if he can pick up a bargain or two, while slashing the wage bill.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't panic, Burke will be monitoring all the crap that no one else wants, to see if he can pick up a bargain or two, while slashing the wage bill.

I've heard Burke is REALLY upping the Recruitment team's technology this year by upgrading to Football Manager 2010/11.

So far he has targetted Julius Aghahowa, Jason Scotland and Chris Boyd as key signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here