Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff Accuse Palace of Spying

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I get what you're saying. But how much of a massive advantage is it to know the opponents' team, really?

Would it be of any use to know how Liverpool will line up? Would it help you win?

You still have to do the business on the pitch I guess.

I suppose you have to ask the question if there is no real advantage in knowing in advance, why did Palace try to find out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suppose you have to ask the question if there is no real advantage in knowing in advance, why did Palace try to find out?

Psychological? Maybe they thought it would help in some small way. I just don't see it being a massive help. Primarily because Cardiff are shit, whatever team they field.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Now watch out for a civil case for loss of premiership status, premiership money, etc

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Now watch out for a civil case for loss of premiership status, premiership money, etc

I don't think there's a civil claim in it (unfortunately). The rule they've been found guilty of breaching is essentially an obligation of good faith. It would be next to impossible for Cardiff to prove that this rule breach cost them their Premier League place - they finished 6 points below West Brom.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
£25k for three premiership points? I'd take that hit :lolol:

Let's be honest they would have turned Cardiff over anyway, they were useless last year,

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
BREAKING NEWS. F.A. Statement

As a further sanction of the cheating club Crystal Palace, they are only allowed to appoint Billy Davies as their new manager,and must give him a five year contract, which they must honour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here