Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carayol agrees 2 year Boro deal

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we had no chance of signing him permanently, I can't see what the point of us signing him was. I don't mind us getting quality players on long term loans, especially if we are going to sign them permanently. However our policy this season of signing unfit players who offer little on short term deals has been a disaster.

I saw his loan spell as cover for the wings (LuaLua and Carayol interchangeable on both wings) if Bruno was injured and Calde had to slot in as RB. Carayol was rusty but still an improvement on March who was unavailable due to injury and couldn't figure in any game plans. Middlesbrough have exercised an option to extend his contract to June 2018 which safeguards their interest because they can hold out for a higher transfer fee if any club is interested in taking him on a permanent deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
KLL is better from what I've seen...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't look much cop to me. I know the lad was recovering from a ACL injury but didn't see more than we get out of KLL.

Why are we trying to strangle LuaLua's motivation by instructing him to play too central instead of hugging the touchline ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hopefully this is the last time we will be signing players for other teams to get them fit for them
Yeah, because we would never do that ourselves *cough* CMS *cough*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why are we trying to strangle LuaLua's motivation by instructing him to play too central instead of hugging the touchline ?

Probably because there is no point in him roasting a full back and putting in a cross, because they'll almost certainly not be anyone there to cross to, and if there is the recipient will either hit the corner flag or fall over. Such is the quality of our 5 goal a season strikers

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hopefully this is the last time we will be signing players for other teams to get them fit for them
That should be the first rule of the club from now on. Sign somebody on a season long loan by all means-providing it improves US but no more bringing in rehabilitating sick notes who will stop our DS lads from getting experience.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It was after the game so perhaps he hadnt told Hughton before it.
Hughton, or our recruitment team, would have (or should have) known exactly what the situation was regarding Carayol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here