Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carayol agrees 2 year Boro deal

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was in the Argus on Monday with a line that he played 4 games and no goals and no assists, although he did hit the bar.
He looked ok and had one stand out run but then as per our own strikers scuffed his shot at the end.

In other words he fitted in quite well then.........

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely ****ing stupid playing him Frjday. Hope (but very much doubt) LuaLua plays and proves CH wrong on Saturday.

Lua Lua should have been prooving CH wrong in January, February, March and April but hasn't done so. Good as he is or perhaps should I say, good as he can be, he hasn't prooved it to the current manager and at the moment thats all that counts

As for Carayol. I think he is one that got away but he wasn't really our in the first place. There will be others so let's not all cry over something like this. I trust the manager to go out and find what we will need for next year

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree that if this deal was always likely you have to assume that Hughton doesn't fancy KLL.

It looks to me as though Lua Lua is a man that needs a move.

I'm loathe to usher him out the door when our attacking options are so thin on the ground, but he's had plenty of chances to impress, not just this season but also when he's played alongside quality like Ulloa, Barnes, Vicente. He's never looked anything more than a good bench option. He's the sort of player that could blossom under the right manager.

I thought he was the one player who actually looked good in a Hyypia team, even played out of position. In fact before he got injured I thought he looked our best player and I think he probably had the longest run in the team since he signed. He has not been played regularly since he came back from injury. Signing Carayol probably means KAZ does not have a future here. Bizarre that we gave him a new deal.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he still on loan with us, even though he can't play on Saturday? Or has he now gone back to Boro, and could he potentially play against us on Saturday??

Yes he said he can but probably would be watching hoping Boro win to secure play offs. Think they have managed that already but this was before they dropped points on Saturday. His 28 day loan expires today.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
NO. Absolutely no more loans. We need players who bleed Blue and White.

I'm more than happy with season long loans. If we can get a 40k a week player for 15k and he has the right mentality, then why would we not take advantage of that. Bleeding Blue and White, those days are gone. I want proper professionals, that have the right ability and mentailty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought he was pretty poor.

What does Kaz think when an unfit loanee starts in front of him?

I'd really like to know if it's part of our agreement with the parent clubs than loanees HAVE to start.

Lets face it he played in a side that at times was poor....how many games had he played for Bro after his injury before coming to us?..not match fit etc in my book therefore ..I'm not sure those 4 games were a fair way to judge him....anyway he's not coming and thats the nub of the matter really.
Given the number of players people reckon we need to sign for next season i bet there will be a few loans...i just hope they are players that aren't recovering from injury (Halford..Bennett..Carayol..Gardner off the top of my head). I'd like us doing permanent deals for players that actually play first team football and loans for fit players!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought he was pretty poor.

What does Kaz think when an unfit loanee starts in front of him?

I'd really like to know if it's part of our agreement with the parent clubs than loanees HAVE to start.

I expect most players would look poor being out for a year. He only played a few games for us. No way match fit and totally waste of time getting him in for a month

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many wingers do Middlesbro' need?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we had no chance of signing him permanently, I can't see what the point of us signing him was. I don't mind us getting quality players on long term loans, especially if we are going to sign them permanently. However our policy this season of signing unfit players who offer little on short term deals has been a disaster.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A very strange loan, clearly not fit when he came here and had no intention of staying.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lets face it he played in a side that at times was poor....how many games had he played for Bro after his injury before coming to us?..not match fit etc in my book therefore ..I'm not sure those 4 games were a fair way to judge him....anyway he's not coming and thats the nub of the matter really.
Given the number of players people reckon we need to sign for next season i bet there will be a few loans...i just hope they are players that aren't recovering from injury (Halford..Bennett..Carayol..Gardner off the top of my head). I'd like us doing permanent deals for players that actually play first team football and loans for fit players!

Just my view Lamie:wink: but I thought he had two minutes when he got out of his deckchair and looked promising.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Glad to have been of service to Boro and to have given him some game time for them to assess whether he was properly over his injury. One of a long list of terrible loan signings, what did his signing on loan say about CH's faith in Lua Lua who had just been given a new contract? The playing side is a shambles at the moment.
Absolutely, we should not be helping out our competitors by either paying them money or helping getting players back to fitness. Our own young players should be given time to mature and grow otherwise why bother having an academy.

He has talent but again very hard to assess given he was just returning from a long lay off. A very good player Like Conway didn't look much cop after 4 games either. Good luck to him anyway, first saw him play for Crawley donkeys years ago and never thought he'd get as high as Champ (possibly Prem now).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here