Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Caravans at Waterhall

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let’s hope they give more of a shit about the environment than this year’s middle class music fans;

1693478605761.jpeg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s hope they give more of a shit about the environment than this year’s middle class music fans;

View attachment 165749
Like it or not one is legal and one isn’t. It’s alright being a “right on” lilly livered liberal when it’s not on your doorstep and you don’t have to put up with the crime, lawlessness and general hostility.

If you disagree with legal festivals then that’s a completely different matter.

FWIW these travellers couldn’t be anymore disrespectful to the local environment than they actually are

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like it or not one is legal and one isn’t. It’s alright being a “right on” lilly livered liberal when it’s not on your doorstep and you don’t have to put up with the crime, lawlessness and general hostility.

FWIW these travellers couldn’t be anymore disrespectful to the local environment than they actually are
This. A good mate of mine has a business on Hove seafront. When the DAYLs are on the lawns it's absolute carnage and it's the whole lot of them at it, kids too (in fact especially, when it comes to thieving). I've no idea why people treat them as an oppressed minority. The ones that pitch up in Brighton every summer are simple scummy criminals with the morals of a hyena.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Mine was a bit of a cheeky and ironic post. I understand what you are saying. One of the local golf clubs around here paid off some travelers and next thing they turned up on our local park. Not great.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

I met some travellers at a park in Manchester 2 weeks ago. Council were adamant that they had cut a lock off the gates and towed 2 huge concrete boulders out of the way to gain access to the playing fields. The CCTV was viewed and it turns out thier contractors that cut the grass hadn't replaced the boulders or put the lock on the gates.

The council visited the travellers and left them with lots of heavy duty black rubbish sacks for them to use, and asked them if they would stay off the football pitches as they had recently been mowed for a summer tournament due to take place. They agreed, and kept all of their caravans around the edge of the park. I went there twice during their stay and stopped to chat with them. Found them interesting and polite. Said they had driven up to Manchester from Swindon having been ordered to leave their last place. Said they would stay as long as they could but new the council would serve them with paperwork to leave within a few days. Also said they didn't have a plan where to go next but liked being near the sea.

They left after 3 days and all their rubbish was bagged in the black sacks and left in one place for collection. There were a few tyre tracks near the gates as it had rained heavily, but none on the sports pitches and they had respected requests not to drive on them and to keep their kids (and their motorbikes) off them. No reports of any human excrement and the local dog walkers continued to use the park so they couldn't have had any issues.

I acknowledge that there are some that won't act and behave like this, but I've posted this to show that you shouldn't tarr them all with the same brush. It certainly changed my outlook towards travellers.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I met some travellers at a park in Manchester 2 weeks ago. Council were adamant that they had cut a lock off the gates and towed 2 huge concrete boulders out of the way to gain access to the playing fields. The CCTV was viewed and it turns out thier contractors that cut the grass hadn't replaced the boulders or put the lock on the gates.

The council visited the travellers and left them with lots of heavy duty black rubbish sacks for them to use, and asked them if they would stay off the football pitches as they had recently been mowed for a summer tournament due to take place. They agreed, and kept all of their caravans around the edge of the park. I went there twice during their stay and stopped to chat with them. Found them interesting and polite. Said they had driven up to Manchester from Swindon having been ordered to leave their last place. Said they would stay as long as they could but new the council would serve them with paperwork to leave within a few days. Also said they didn't have a plan where to go next but liked being near the sea.

They left after 3 days and all their rubbish was bagged in the black sacks and left in one place for collection. There were a few tyre tracks near the gates as it had rained heavily, but none on the sports pitches and they had respected requests not to drive on them and to keep their kids (and their motorbikes) off them. No reports of any human excrement and the local dog walkers continued to use the park so they couldn't have had any issues.

I acknowledge that there are some that won't act and behave like this, but I've posted this to show that you shouldn't tarr them all with the same brush. It certainly changed my outlook towards travellers.
That's totally different to my experience.
When I lived in Saltdean, the travellers got onto the Oval park by cutting off the padlock on the gate and parked on the football pitch.
They broke into the Lido, shit in the bushes, and left their rubbish all over the park.
They drove their cars and vans up and down the central path and the whole park became a no go area for locals.
When they attempted to repeat the same thing a couple of years later, I parked my car across the entrance to prevent their entry.
I was subjected to threats of extreme violence, and told that they would find out where and that my wife wouldn't be safe
So, there may be a few decent members of the travelling community but I haven't met any.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I’ve not met any decent ones yet.

Regardless of whether they cut the lock or not they had no right to park and camp on that land. Why should the council have to ask them not to camp on the football pitches and why should the council have to provide them with bags to put their rubbish in? Have they no decency!

They should be prosecuted for trespass and their vehicles and businesses checked, not moved on with gifts and bribes.

I rarely visit Waterhall but hope Brighton Rugby Club has robust security (the front row perhaps!)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The being near the sea plan needs some work…..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We had a bunch of them rock up in a disused carpark near us a few years back. Broke in, set up camp, and for the next few days we had nothing but noise and aggravation as they screamed abuse at their feral kids, had drunken arguments, dogs barking contsantly, motorbikes being rode round and round, plus their f*cking droning generators running day and night. When they were eventually turfed out, you would not believe the scene of shit and destruction they'd left behind. Rubbish strewn everywhere, bags everywhere, tins, bottles, piles of excrement.

Subhuman, feral filth. I think they actually get off on being as disgusting and obnoxious as is "humanly" possible. My solution would be to call in a drone strike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here