Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caravan club have arrived

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It is hardly surprising they are so antisocial, everyone hates them and they have been discriminated against for centuries.

Maybe someone needs to work out way to bring them back from the margins of society and behave in a more sociable and respectful manner.

I know this comment will be seen as defending them but from what i can work out things are getting worse not better and something needs to change.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/apr/26/gypsies-travellers

http://www.epha.org/spip.php?article1599

Don't waste your time reading the Guardian , albion534 has the right idea .

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
My problem with them is they're so unwilling to co-operate or compromise that they're impossible to deal with. If they were polite, kept themselves to themselves, abided the law, cleaned up after themselves and didn't cause a nuisance to local neighbourhoods, perhaps they wouldn't have such hostility directed towards them. But instead they destroy more or less anywhere they pitch up, then moan they're discriminated against into the bargain.

They pitched up on my cricket ground last summer. Used bolt cutters on the security gate, and when questioned by local residents, club members who turned up and the police who were called, what did they do? They threatened to ram the police car out of the way. What did the police do? They said they needed backup, so they left. The gypsies then parked smack bang in the middle of the square (with four full size cricket pitches and more space beyond in this huge rec), broke into our pavilion, smashed the windows, smeared shit all over the walls, then when evicted 7 days later, left a skip-load of rubbish and so much damage to the square it had to be relaid by the council, at the cost of the taxpayer.

Scum.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have they really? Aren't these modern day 'career' gypsies? I thought that traditional gypsies were Romany and that these are Irish dropouts. Genuine question....

Don't know, I am not there and as someone will soon point out to me it is none of my ****ing business. All I am suggesting is that this problem bares the weight of history and the treatment of generations of travellers and will not improve unless some concessions are made on both sides.

IMHO it is classic NIMBY behaviour, these people need to stay somewhere but no-one wants them near them.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't know, I am not there and as someone will soon point out to me it is none of my ****ing business. All I am suggesting is that this problem bares the weight of history and the treatment of generations of travellers and will not improve unless some concessions are made on both sides.

IMHO it is classic NIMBY behaviour, these people need to stay somewhere but no-one wants them near them.

They need to start paying their way through life, not just rock up, cause damage and then piss off

I admire your fishing trip, but it's not going to work

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If people stop wanting their drives done for peanuts and building work done by them, they would soon find somewhere in the north to move to.

Simple....do not employ them

Exactly this, and tree cutting, rubbish and garden clearance, trouble is some home owners always want a bargain.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They need to stay somewhere?

How about the bricks n mortar houses they use in winter, in Ireland or elsewhere?

Funny, don't see too many scum of the earth, sorry I meant travellers, around in January........

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

These caravan people are not Gypsies but highly organized Irish criminal gangs , how do you make concessions to criminals ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

No disrespect to you BadFish but the next time the travellers get moved on from a park, go and have a look at the rubbish, gas canisters and bog paper ( crap included) left behind,
this was the scene in Stanmer Park on my visit about 2 weeks ago.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Hang on they are not in your backyard, just noticed your location, out of interest when were you last here to witness how this lot behave?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Apparently Shoreham Fc have cancelled Saturdays fixture with Arundel because of the Scum camped at Middle road so it doesn't look like they're leaving anytime soon

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The last time they where in Shoreham Adur rec loads of cars around the area were broken into early Am, the women along the road was woken up around 3am and luckily scared them off, the next morning they had all left the area so expect some theft around Shoreham area on the eve of their eviction from middle road :-(

My bike was locked up too :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here