Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao Cup semi-finals

Jimmy Grimble

Is that still true if they finish in the top four and win a cup? Or does that depend on us having a five team place in the Champions League?

I’m not challenging your post, I genuinely don’t know and can’t be arsed to work it out.
I think either way it provides an extra European place because the winners of the Carabou qualify for the Conference League. Whether that extends to 7th or 8th is dependent on the coefficient stuff.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fulham are horrible - which is annoying as they're are enough other clubs to dislike in the PL.

Come on Liverpool - helps us with league placing and if Chelsea get through better chance of them losing to Liverpool.

The way Fulham time waste and fall over is unreal.

Gakpo is pretty ineffective every time I see him play.
The amount of times I’ve slated a player and they score is uncanny 🙄😏

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It’s fair to say that if you remove Palace and Pompey from the equation, the four teams in the semis represent four of the six you’d least like to win it, with Villa and Man U as the others. There’s literally no winner I can be happy about.
I’d be happy for Liverpool or Boro to win it. Fulham have become annoying and obviously Chelsea are a no-no. I’ve nothing against Villa or Man Utd really either. The only club I seriously dislike are Chelsea. A few I like —Liverpool, Huddersfield, Shrewsbury, Plymouth, one or two others. Every other club I’m just indifferent towards. I didn’t used to be like this. When I was younger I despised a long list of clubs and people and celebs blah blah. I’ve grown to be more accepting as I’ve aged.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Though they have a very decent fan on here, Fulham have become an absolutely horrible football club. Greedy off the pitch (and seemingly incompetent with half that new stand empty) and cynical as hell on it. It might be a really good away day but they’re thoroughly dislikable.
Thank you (if you meant me). These new rolling around tactics exasperate us Fulham fans as well, you know. It's not the Fulham way - getting beaten right at the end is! Pereira and Wilson are the worst. And we are also exasperated with the delays to the new stand - although the contractor went bust and it was affected by the covid related shortages. But most of all we don't like ticket prices. £230 for a matchday ticket in the new stand with hospitality v the Albion in March! I'm dreading to see how much my ST goes up. It's not the way to build long term multi-generational loyalties.

But what we do like is the way the team plays good football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you (if you meant me). These new rolling around tactics exasperate us Fulham fans as well, you know. It's not the Fulham way - getting beaten right at the end is! Pereira and Wilson are the worst. And we are also exasperated with the delays to the new stand - although the contractor went bust and it was affected by the covid related shortages. But most of all we don't like ticket prices. £230 for a matchday ticket in the new stand with hospitality v the Albion in March! I'm dreading to see how much my ST goes up. It's not the way to build long term multi-generational loyalties.

Yes, I did mean you. Pereira is a massively frustrating footballer. Absolute bags of talent but seemingly intent on cheating his way to the top.

Still the best away day in the Prem though.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Fulham were one of my favourite teams for years and it was always a good away match - nice pubs by the river and a great part of London -I always found their fans friendly and pleasant. But I was very disappointed with their tactics last season and even more so this time with the constant feigned head wounds -the worst was when Iwobi went down, and on seeing that the keeper had used the same ploy and was being attended to, then got up! This was for me the worst cynical time-wasting ploy for many a long year. Sadly, I watch their matches now with the fervent hope that they get hammered -cheered almost as loudly as for Albion games when Liverpool got their 2 the other night. I appreciate that most Fulham fans are decent folk, but they get dragged down accordingly.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chelsea for me, I think after all the money Boehly has put in he deserves a trophy for his efforts and Middlesbrough would be an embarrassment for English football if they qualified for Europe.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Class is already telling, this could be a bloodbath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here