Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao Cup semi-finals

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
If Fulham manage to pull this back and win then Chelsea have pretty much won the cup which would be horrific.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bit late to note this, given the game is almost over, but...

However, official word is there was some congestion, but no crushing occurred.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
FT: Fulham 1-1 Liverpool (Liverpool win 3-2 on agg.)

Liverpool are through to the EFL Cup Final where they will face Chelsea.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Not great keeping by Leno there.
The ball took 2 or 3 deflections immediately after Diaz's shot before it reached him. If you've watched those training videos of that mesh thing they practice with, you'd know how difficult it is. It looked softer than it was. I can't blame Leno, we were second best most of the night.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The ball took 2 or 3 deflections immediately after Diaz's shot before it reached him. If you've watched those training videos of that mesh thing they practice with, you'd know how difficult it is. It looked softer than it was. I can't blame Leno, we were second best most of the night.
Gosh - not being rude, as you're a top poster. But shouldn't you be on a Fulham Forum tonight!?

I found myself a bit torn tonight, because I still have soft spots for both Liverpool and Fulham (although the time-wasting nonsense of the last few years is eroding that). Although the consensus on here is that it is 'better' for us for Liverpool to win the cup - it would be very nice indeed to see someone else other than the usual teams win something. So I was a bit disappointed to see you lose.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Gosh - not being rude, as you're a top poster. But shouldn't you be on a Fulham Forum tonight!?

I found myself a bit torn tonight, because I still have soft spots for both Liverpool and Fulham (although the time-wasting nonsense of the last few years is eroding that). Although the consensus on here is that it is 'better' for us for Liverpool to win the cup - it would be very nice indeed to see someone else other than the usual teams win something. So I was a bit disappointed to see you lose.
Thanks @Bodian . Yes, I did peruse the Fulham equivalent to NSC (although TBH, NSC is better for non-Cottager content) first but the consensus was what I'd expected - moans about BDR, subbing Cairney for Muniz, not starting with Reed, no service for Jiminez, another Fulhamish heroic failure etc. I'd watched this thread and thought that to blame Leno for our loss was a bit harsh - he's 4th in the table for most saves this season and has saved us points so many times.
I predict we'll be out of both cups by 10pm on Saturday and can concentrate on the league (esp 2nd March!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So either caicedo or Alexis m will win after heartbreak last season. Hope it is Alexis.
Any chance you can talk me through all of Alexis' heartbreaks last season? :lolol:;):lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Liverpool just have to win this for a number of reasons.
Europe, and in particular I don’t want Chelsea in Europe again.
Chelsea were drawn at home for every f***ing round and were lucky to beat both us and Newcastle.
I can’t stand their manager, he’s a flat track bully and a prick. “Built a team from zero”, f*** off you cock.
The thought of the likes of Cucurella. Caicedo and in particular Sanchez with a trophy is horrible.
Their wanker fans will be unbearable at our place in April.
They’ve overtaken Palace for me, and I never thought I’d ever feel like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here