Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don’t know where you got that, but I’m not aware of any protest planned. The owner is trying to sell, so there’s no point. There is no boycott or stay away protest. The reason sales are so low is because of years of terrible football, combined with disaffection at the way the club is run.
and lets not kid ourselves. Its a #teamslikeBrighton is also a factor.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you mean no one expects Charlton to beat you but you also won’t attract neutrals or waverers then yes.
I just mean we're of interest to some casual Charlton fans - on on a dark , wet Wednesday night in December i guess but we're not Spurs, Chelsea or even Palace are we.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Ticket arrived today.
:ascarf:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don’t know where you got that, but I’m not aware of any protest planned. The owner is trying to sell, so there’s no point. There is no boycott or stay away protest. The reason sales are so low is because of years of terrible football, combined with disaffection at the way the club is run.

It only seems like yesterday that I heard your new owner, Thomas Sandgaard, being interviewed by Jim White and Simon Jordan on Talksport about what he was going to do with the club, how he was going to return you to the sunny uplands, Premier League, Europe, the World Series Cup etc.
I guess that was just pie-in-the-sky BS? Delusion? If I only had the money or if I only knew what I was doing?
Shame.

(Hopefully you have got rid of that bloody drummer though)

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
It only seems like yesterday that I heard your new owner, Thomas Sandgaard, being interviewed by Jim White and Simon Jordan on Talksport about what he was going to do with the club, how he was going to return you to the sunny uplands, Premier League, Europe, the World Series Cup etc.
I guess that was just pie-in-the-sky BS? Delusion? If I only had the money or if I only knew what I was doing?
Shame.

(Hopefully you have got rid of that bloody drummer though)
He was given a hero’s welcome for wrestling the club away from some genuinely terrible people and was massively in credit for a while, so we laughed off his guitar playing antics and odd statements and viewed him as a kind of well meaning David Brent figure. Unfortunately he has turned out to be stubborn, arrogant and clueless. Worse, he has apparently created a terrible working environment and has sacked those trusted Charlton people who had survived the Duchatelet and Southall eras. The club is run by him, his son, his partner and a few lackeys, one of whom is a known bully whose behaviour has been made known to Sandgaard several times. He has made big claims about the transfer budget which appear to bear no relation to reality. He has basically defunded our very successful academy and I expect him to sell any good young players that he can get half a million quid for.
Looks like he’s trying to sell now, so we’ll see what happens, but our fan base is understandably sceptical.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mine (Tier 2 or 3, can’t remember!) have just turned up. Interesting to note no names written on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here