Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know and it’s wrong. This loyalty points thing needs to be per competition, my lad went to FG and Arsenal, yet he’s not tier 2 so no chance. Of course all the 2200 who purchased today might also have all gone to those 2 games but I highly flipping doubt it. What would be a fairer would be a ballot of the 6,300 who went to Arsenal, probably hassle for the club though so unlikely.
I was in this position a couple of seasons ago. Had decent points myself but wanted to take my son. He was a couple of bands lower as never went to Withdean and first ST at Amex was 2013 and realistically could only do London aways, which always went to higher points holders, so a bit of a vicious circle.

Now he's older we've spent about three years building his points up with longer away days and making sure we went to home games in the cup, including Swansea where only two stands were open for Brighton. The points system currently includes some of those as your total is rolled over and proportioned at each new season start.

This season we've barely missed a game home or away. Ironically Arsenal was the one we have missed (and I also missed Forest at home) because I spent a few weeks working away in the week and only home at weekends. Still we were in the top tier for this for the first ever time. It's taken three years, not three matches and I think that's probably fairier.

Tl;dr? It's a marathon not a sprint, but you'll get there.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No chance this gets to Wednesday morning then, nightmare after going to Forest Green and Arsenal only to have no chance of going when we go deeper in the cup :cry:
It might do, after a swift take up early yesterday, it dropped to a slow and steady rate yesterday.
There may be a handful left on Wednesday morning, if you're quick.

There also may be some tickets released nearer the date.
When I had a look on Sunday there were a few hundred tickets reserved for comps which probably won't be taken up.
So keep checking the site to see if any extra get released.

In regards to the fairness of the loyalty ticket system, it was designed by TB to be as fair as possible.
I have missed out on Brentford tickets 2 seasons running, but have made an effort, to attend as many games as I can afford, this season, in an attempt to ensure Tier 1 next season.

If you want to support the club in the high demand games, you will have to build up the points over 2 or 3 seasons.
It's worth it and the club are doing everything they can to make it fairer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Baffled by the suggestion that loyalty points should be per competition. So someone goes home and away every game but accumulates 0 points for next time we get a glamour 4th round cup tie away from home, whereas someone who went to the previous round at Arsenal is ahead of the queue. Er, no.
Exactly. I didn’t go to Arsenal because of work commitments, but yet to miss a league game home or away. Am I less deserving?

Think @Guinness Boy summed it up in his post.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Baffled by the suggestion that loyalty points should be per competition. So someone goes home and away every game but accumulates 0 points for next time we get a glamour 4th round cup tie away from home, whereas someone who went to the previous round at Arsenal is ahead of the queue. Er, no.
Agree. How many of those complaining went to northern league games last season that went down to members?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know and it’s wrong. This loyalty points thing needs to be per competition, my lad went to FG and Arsenal, yet he’s not tier 2 so no chance. Of course all the 2200 who purchased today might also have all gone to those 2 games but I highly flipping doubt it. What would be a fairer would be a ballot of the 6,300 who went to Arsenal, probably hassle for the club though so unlikely.
Go to more league games then and build the points up like everyone else does.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was in this position a couple of seasons ago. Had decent points myself but wanted to take my son. He was a couple of bands lower as never went to Withdean and first ST at Amex was 2013 and realistically could only do London aways, which always went to higher points holders, so a bit of a vicious circle.

Now he's older we've spent about three years building his points up with longer away days and making sure we went to home games in the cup, including Swansea where only two stands were open for Brighton. The points system currently includes some of those as your total is rolled over and proportioned at each new season start.

This season we've barely missed a game home or away. Ironically Arsenal was the one we have missed (and I also missed Forest at home) because I spent a few weeks working away in the week and only home at weekends. Still we were in the top tier for this for the first ever time. It's taken three years, not three matches and I think that's probably fairier.

Tl;dr? It's a marathon not a sprint, but you'll get there.
Agree.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How easy is the drive to Charlton from Brighton, it looks straightforward on MAPs but????
There’s a retail park (selco Halfords etc) on the A206 pretty much opposite the valley (cross road and walk under the under pass) that used to let you park for a fiver - might be worth checking

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ballots aren't fair, they're a lottery. The points system works and the club are even taking measures to stop abuse of the system so surely it's fairer?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's nonsense. Someone with 350+ points from seasons of dedicated away trips but couldn't attend the Arsenal game ... why should someone with 'a fan number' get one ahead of them?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Got mine - some sections completely sold out, others with just 1 or 2 tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here