Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
‘It’s not all about Bournemouth, Brentford, Palace and Fulham, son. In the old days we used to have to go to stadiums like this.’ He won’t believe you.
he did forest green away so he has seen lower league grounds, also been to crawley, but the valley is old school and for me he needs to see these type of clubs

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
he did forest green away so he has seen lower league grounds, also been to crawley, but the valley is old school and for me he needs to see these type of clubs
It’s not a lower league ground though. It was a premier league ground, then a championship ground. The ground hasn’t changed, it’s just that the players have got worse, then much worse. I don’t want to be a dick on another clubs forum, but if you think Charlton, Crawley and Forest Green have much in common then I have to take issue with that. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point, but I’m not sure who ‘these type of clubs’ are.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It’s not a lower league ground though. It was a premier league ground, then a championship ground. The ground hasn’t changed, it’s just that the players have got worse, then much worse. I don’t want to be a dick on another clubs forum, but if you think Charlton, Crawley and Forest Green have much in common then I have to take issue with that. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point, but I’m not sure who ‘these type of clubs’ are.
Agree. I remember Charlton being in the Premier League for several seasons in the early 00's, then several more in the Championship and the stadium certainly isn't out of place for top tier football.

It's a ground we haven't visited for a while now but I certainly wouldn't put it in the same category as FGR, Crawley or similar with the terraces

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Charlton Athletic is a famous old club who I have great respect for.

It's easy for folk to bugger off to a London club upstairs but they have a always had good support.

About twenty more seasons in the top flights than us. Probably as many in the top two divisions as we have had in the lower two.

I fist went to The Valley on New Year's Day 1985. We're all getting old !

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
no no definitely misunderstood, i mean he’s seen premier league clubs and been to lower league clubs but not clubs with playing history with us on regular occasions

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On sale this morning, how are they selling? Big rush?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
200w.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First time in group 1 for me. Two in the bag and can't wait. I guess this does show that the away tickets are not a total closed shop if you build up your points with less glamorous games.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
how many tickets have we got
Only the Jimmy Seed stand c3,000 is on sale, at the minute anyway.

Wonder whether it’s a case of the club going back to a Charlton and saying look we’ve sold out in 48 hours or so, there’s clearly demand, give us some more?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Many people I know have got tickets today so definitely a popular fixture. Mix of nostalgia at a ground we haven't been to in years, plus first game back seeing our beloved after the sham WC.

Looking at what's left, expect us to sell out late tomorrow or within minutes on Wednesday.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Very easy and free to register on the Charlton ticket site.

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/ev...ve albion/2022-12-21_19.45/the valley?hallmap

The blocks in the West Stand nearest to the away end are unlikely to have many Charlton fans in. Could be a bit like Fulham in terms of hundreds of away fans taking seats adjacent to the away end.

As we know from 1998, Charlton are very happy to welcome new members with BN postcodes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here